Get Soriano Nel Cimino essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Soriano Nel Cimino discussion
. Add Soriano Nel Cimino
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Soriano Nel Cimino
Soriano nel Cimino is a town and comune in the province of Viterbo, Lazio, central Italy.
The town is overlooked by Monte Cimino, the highest peak in the Monti Cimini.
- The Orsini Castle, built by Orso Orsini in the 13th century. It was the summer residence of Pope Nicholas III, uncle of Orso. It was a high security castle until the 1990s and is now managed by the Tuscia University.
- The Palazzo Chigi-Albani (16th century), designed by Ottaviano Schiratti. The interior houses the Papacqua Fountain.
- The small Romanesque church of San Giorgio (11th century).
- Cathedral (Duomo), of San Nicola di Bari from 1794.
- Church of Sant'Eutizio.
- Fontana Vecchia ("Old Fountain"), built in the 15th century.
- Porta Romana ("Roman Gate"), a copy of the Porta Pia in Rome.
- SUBLIMAZIONE (Urban Sculpture), a permanent installation by Giorgio Capogrossi (Montez) - Piazzale Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto