Get Demetrios Constantelos essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Demetrios Constantelos discussion
. Add Demetrios Constantelos
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Demetrios J. Constantelos (July 27, 1927 - January 10, 2017) was a researcher in Byzantology and a professor emeritus of history and religious studies at Stockton University, Pomona, NJ. He was born in Spilia, Messenia, Greece. He was ordained a priest of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America in 1955 and earned a PhD in Byzantine Civilization at Rutgers University in 1965.
He died on 10 January 2017, at the age of 89.
Publications by Demetrios Constantelos include:
- Christian Faith And Cultural Heritage : Essays from a Greek Orthodox Perspective
- Renewing the Church : The Significance of the Council in Trullo
- Paideia : Addresses to Young People
- The Complete Works of His Eminence Archbishop Iakovos, Primate of North and South America 1959-1996
- The Torchbearer : Encyclicals Spiritual and Ecclesiastical Subjects, Administration, Education, Culture
- Understanding the Greek Orthodox Church : Its Faith, History and Life
- Christian Hellenism, Volume Three : Essays and Studies in Continuity and Change
- The Greeks, Their Heritage, and Its Value Today
- Poverty, Society and Philanthropy in the Late Mediaeval Greek World
- Byzantine Philanthropy and Social Welfare
- Religious-Philosophical Issues and Interreligious Dialogues in the Orthodox Church Since World War II
- Orthodox Theology and Diakonia : Trends and Prospects Essays in Honor of His Eminence Archbishop Iakovos on the Occasion of His Seventieth Birthday
- Christian Hellenism: Essays and Studies in Continuity and Change (Hellenism: Ancient, Mediaeval Modern, 13) by Demetrios J. Constantelos ISBN 0-89241-588-6