Get Cabin in the Hills essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Cabin in the Hills discussion
. Add Cabin in the Hills
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Cabin in the Hills
Cabin in the Hills is the fifty-first studio album by American recording artist Merle Haggard released on May 1, 2001.
After his 2000 comeback album If I Could Only Fly, Haggard released two gospel albums on the same day on May 1, 2001: Cabin in the Hills and Two Old Friends with Albert Brumley, Jr. The former includes a mix of traditional songs arranged by Haggard as well as new Haggard originals. It also features the Iris Dement song "Shores of Jordan". Haggard produced the collection himself and is joined by Strangers steel guitarist Norman Hamlet and singers Porter Wagoner and Bonnie Owens.
Travis Dragaset of AllMusic wrote: "Haggard's own spiritual evolution, which took root while in solitary confinement at San Quentin prison, lends grit and intrigue to this highly listenable set."
- "Life's Railway to Heaven" (W.S. Stevenson, Charlie Tillman) - 3:21
- "A Cabin in the Hills" (Merle Haggard) - 3:17
- "What Will It Be Like" (Haggard) - 2:48
- "Farther Along" (Traditional) - 4:12
- "Precious Lord Take My Hand" - 3:07
- "Apart for a While" (Haggard) - 3:10
- "Love Lifted Me" (Traditional) - 3:29
- "Shores of Jordan" (Iris Dement) - 3:38
- "Lord Don't Give Up on Me" (Haggard) - 2:58
- "This World Is Not My Home" (Traditional; arranged by Albert Brumley, Jr.) - 2:18
- Merle Haggard - vocals, guitar
- Norm Hamlet - dobro, pedal steel guitar
- Biff Adam - drums
- Don Markham - trumpet
- Bonnie Owens - vocals
- Porter Wagoner - vocals
- Ray McDonald - vocals
- Doug Colosio - keyboards
- Eddie Curtis - bass
- Theresa Lane Haggard Vocals
- Abe Manuel, Jr. - guitar, harmonica
- Joe Manuel - guitar
- Randy Mason - drums, guitar
- Redd Volkaert - guitar