Get Resistant essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Resistant discussion
. Add Resistant
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From French résistant.
resistant (plural resistants)
- A person who resists; especially a member of a resistance movement.
- A thing which resists.
resistant (comparative more resistant, superlative most resistant)
- Which makes resistance or offers opposition.
- Which is not affected or overcome by a disease, drug, chemical or atmospheric agent, extreme of temperature, etc.
- The infection is resistant to antibiotics.
- (statistics) Not greatly influenced by individual members of a sample.
that which makes resistance
that which is not overcome by a disease or drug
- Bulgarian: (bg) (ustoj?iv)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- third-person plural present active subjunctive of resist?