Get Psych essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Psych discussion
. Add Psych
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
psych (countable and uncountable, plural psychs)
- Psychology or psychiatry.
- a psych class
- A psychologist; a psychiatrist.
- 1978, Lawrence Durrell, Livia, Faber & Faber 1992 (Avignon Quintet), p. 476:
- She had attended a conference of psychs at which he had presided and they had taken a fancy to each other.
psych (comparative more psych, superlative most psych)
- (informal) Psychedelic.
- curtains with psych colors
- a psych band; a psych album. Psych-rock and psych-folk music.
- (informal) Psychiatric.
psych (third-person singular simple present psychs, present participle psyching, simple past and past participle psyched)
- (transitive, reflexive) To put (someone) into a required psychological frame of mind (also psych up).
- (transitive) To intimidate (someone) emotionally or using psychology (also psych out).
- (transitive, informal) To treat (someone) using psychoanalysis.
- (slang) Indicating that one's preceding statement was false and that one has successfully fooled one's interlocutor. Also sike.
- Here, have fifty dollars. Psych! That was two dollars!
- (dated, slang) An interjection of surprised happiness.
- Psych! I just found my missing bracelet!