You and I (Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle Song)
Get You and I Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle Song essential facts below,
or join the You and I Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle Song discussion
. Add You and I Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle Song
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
You and I Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle Song
"You and I" is a duet recorded by American country music artists Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle. It was written by Frank J. Myers, produced by David Malloy, and released in October 1982 as the first single from Rabbitt's eighth studio album Radio Romance (1982). "You and I" became a major country pop crossover hit for both artists.
- In 2005, the song was ranked number 7 on CMT's 100 Greatest Duets in Country Music. Gayle performed the duet with Raul Malo of The Mavericks since Rabbitt had died of lung cancer in 1998.
- "You and I" went to number 1 on the US Billboard Country chart for one week.
- On the Billboard Hot 100, the song spent 29 weeks on the chart, peaking at number 7, and making it the 12th biggest song of the year.
In popular culture
The song was used for the wedding of the Greg Nelson and Jenny Gardner characters on the American soap opera All My Children.
US television show Glee covered this song in a mash-up with the Lady Gaga's same titled song in episode "Mash Off."
- ^ "CMT Reveals the Top 12 Greatest Duets in Spectacular Concert Event". top40-charts.com. June 9, 2005. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 279.
- ^ "The Hot 100: Week of February 19, 1983". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ "Longbored Surfer: Top 100 Hits for 1983". Longboredsurfer.com. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ "You and I - Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle". UK Singles Chart. UK Official Charts Company. January 29, 1983. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ "Eddie Rabbitt Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- ^ "Hot 100 - Billboard", Billboard, February 2, 1983, retrieved 2018
- ^ "Eddie Rabbitt Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.
- ^ "RPM Weekly Country Singles - Volume 38, No. 4". Library and Archives Canada. RPM (archived). March 26, 1983. Retrieved 2018.
- ^ Daytime's Greatest Weddings: All My Children. Dir. David Seeger. 1993. Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 2004. DVD.
- ^ Home & Family. Hst. Mark Steines and Debbie Matenopoulos. Hallmark Channel. 2 Feb. 2017. Television.
- ^ Thompson, L'Oreal (November 15, 2011). "'Glee' Recap: Mash Off". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved 2011.