Get Tish Hinojosa essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Tish Hinojosa discussion
. Add Tish Hinojosa
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Leticia ("Tish") Hinojosa (born December 6, 1955, San Antonio, Texas) is a folksinger recording in both Spanish and English. Hinojosa was the youngest of 13 children. Hinojosa's parents were Mexican immigrants. Known for singing both traditional Mexican folksongs and her own original songs, both in Spanish and English, Hinojosa accompanies herself on guitar, which she plays right-handed although she is naturally lefthanded. Hinojosa has charted twice on the Billboard country charts and has recorded several albums, primarily for Rounder Records.
Her 1992 album Culture Swing won the NAIRD Indie Folk Album of the Year.
Awards and honors
- White House performance for President and Mrs. Clinton
- NAIRD Indie Folk Album of the Year Culture Swing
- Las Primera (The Firsts) award from MANA, the largest organization of Latino women
- Performances at presidential and gubernatorial inauguration events.
- VH 1
- ABC-TV special: Alma Awards
- The Nashville Network
- Austin City Limits (three separate appearances)
- Fox Television Bravo Awards
- Good Morning America
- Onyx TV Germany
- WDR TV Germany
- SWR TV Switzerland
- VPRO TV Netherlands
- Spokesperson, National Latino Children's Agenda
- Spokesperson, National Assoc. Of Bilingual Education
- United Farm workers of America
- 2013 After the Fair, Varse Sarabande
- 2008 Our Little Planet, CRS (Varse Sarabande)
- 2006 Retrospective, Varse Sarabande
- 2005 A Heart Wide Open, Valley Entertainment
- 2003 From Texas for a Christmas Night, Lone Star Records
- 2003 Best of Tish Hinojosa - Live, Rounder Records
- 2000 Sign of Truth, Rounder Records, Rounder Records
- 1997 The Best of the Sandia: Watermelon 1991-1992, Rounder Records
- 1996 Soar del Laberinto, Warner Bros. Records
- 1996 Dreaming From The Labyrinth/Soar del Laberinto, Warner Bros. Records
- 1996 Cada Nio/Every Child, Rounder Records
- 1995 Frontejas, Rounder Records
- 1994 Destiny's Gate, Warner Bros. Records
- 1992 Culture Swing, Rounder Records
- 1991 Aquella Noche, Watermelon Records
- 1990 Memorabilia Navidea, Cassette E.P. - Self Release
- 1989 Homeland, A&M Records
- 1987 Taos to Tennessee, Self-release, re-released in 1992
- ...a Music and Information Digest, Promo CD
||"I'll Pull You Through" (with Craig Dillingham)
||"Til U Love Me Again"
||"In the Real West"
||"I'm Not Through Loving You Yet"
- Ragland, Cathy "South Texas culture: Austin's Tish Hinojosa has made the jump to a major label", Folk Roots; Nov. 1994, pp. 42-43