Get The Lynns essential facts below. View Videos
or join the The Lynns discussion
. Add The Lynns
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The Lynns was an American country music duo, consisting of twin sisters Peggy Lynn and Patsy Lynn (born August 6, 1964), who are the youngest daughters of singer Loretta Lynn.
They recorded one album for Reprise Records, which charted two singles on Hot Country Songs. The Lynns have received CMA Award nominations for Vocal Duo of the Year in 1998 and 1999.
Their album was met with mixed reception. Peter Margasak of Chicago Reader wrote that "musically they don't show much more spunk. Their singing...is no match for their mother's, but they're certainly not alone there....most of the material is typical Nashville mush: weepy ballads and tame, predictable rockers." Jason Ankeny of AllMusic praised the duo's "powerful voices" but criticized the "formulaic production".
- Track listing
- "Crazy World of Love" (Patsy Lynn, Peggy Lynn, Philip Russell) - 2:36
- "Woman to Woman" (Patsy Lynn, Peggy Lynn, Russell) -3:32
- "This Must Be Love" (Kostas, James House) - 2:23
- "It Hurts" (Patsy Lynn, Peggy Lynn) - 4:08
- "Cry Cry Baby" (Patsy Lynn, Peggy Lynn, James Lewis) - 3:03
- "Nights Like These" (Patsy Lynn, Peggy Lynn) - 3:10
- "Oh My Goodness" (Patsy Lynn, Peggy Lynn, Mitch Callis) - 3:29
- "What Am I Doing Loving You" (Jamie O'Hara) - 2:47
- "I Won't Leave This World Unloved" (Patsy Lynn, Jamie Kyle, Pat Bunch) - 3:08
- "Someday" (Peggy Lynn, Patsy Lynn, Lewis) - 3:05
From The Lynns liner notes.
- Dennis Burnside - piano, keyboards, Hammond B-3 organ
- Mark Casstevens - acoustic guitar
- Larry Franklin - fiddle
- James House - acoustic guitar
- David Hungate - bass guitar, acoustic bass guitar
- Lloyd Maines - steel guitar
- Pat McGrath - electric guitar
- Steve Nathan - piano, keyboards, Hammond B-3 organ
- Tony Paoletta - steel guitar, lap steel guitar
- Brent Rowan - electric guitar
- Bob Warren - percussion
- Biff Watson - acoustic guitar
- Lonnie Wilson - drums, percussion
- Mike Bradley - recording, mixing
- Don Cook - producer
- Dale Dodson - associate producer
- Ken Love - mastering
- Pat McMakin - recording
- Kenny Royster - vocal arrangement
- Hank Williams - mastering