Standards (Sonny Clark Album)
Get Standards Sonny Clark Album essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Standards Sonny Clark Album discussion
. Add Standards Sonny Clark Album
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Standards Sonny Clark Album
Standards is a 1998 compilation album by jazz pianist Sonny Clark recorded for the Blue Note label and performed by Clark with Jymie Merritt or Paul Chambers, and Wes Landers, combining sessions previously released as The Art of The Trio and Blues in the Night.
The album was awarded 3 stars by Stephen Thomas Erlewine in an Allmusic review which stated "Although some of the performances are a little brief, limiting his opportunity to solo, Standards is a lovely collection of beautiful music that's a welcome addition to Clark's catalog".
- "Blues in the Night" (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) - 5:54
- "Can't We Be Friends?" (Paul James, Kay Swift) - 4:20
- "Somebody Loves Me" (Buddy DeSylva, George Gershwin, Ballard MacDonald) - 4:18
- "All of You" (Cole Porter) - 3:54
- "Dancing in the Dark" (Arthur Schwartz, Howard Dietz) - 3:31
- "I Cover the Waterfront" (Johnny Green, Edward Heyman) - 4:41
- "Blues in the Night" [Alternate Take] - 7:15
- "Gee, Baby, Ain't I Good to You" (Andy Razaf, Don Redman) - 4:01
- "Ain't No Use" (Leroy Kirkland, Sidney Wyche) - 4:49
- "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" (Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh) - 3:52
- "Black Velvet" (Illinois Jacquet, Jimmy Mundy) - 3:23
- "I'm Just a Lucky So-and-So (Mack David, Duke Ellington) - 4:33
- "The Breeze and I" (Tutti Camarata, Ernesto Lecuona, Al Stillman) - 4:00
- "Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You" [Alternate Take] - 3:49
Recorded on November 16 (#8-14) and December 7 (#1-7), 1958.