Get Speak the Roches Album essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Speak the Roches Album discussion
. Add Speak the Roches Album
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Speak the Roches Album
Speak is the fifth studio album by the folk trio The Roches, released in 1989 on MCA Records. The album features two singles which had accompanied videos, "Big Nuthin'" and "Everyone Is Good". Another track, "Nocturne", was featured in the 1988 film Crossing Delancey, which the trio did the soundtrack for and featured Suzzy Roche as the best friend of Amy Irving's character in the movie.
- "Big Nuthin'"
- "Cloud Dancing"
- "Everyone Is Good"
- "In the World"
- "I Love My Mom"
- "Losing Our Job"
- "Person With a Past"
- "The Anti-Sex Backlash of the 80's"
- "Merciful God"
- "Broken Places"
- "Feeling Is Mutual"
- Produced By The Roches And Jeffrey Lesser
- Engineered by Jeffrey Lesser
- Executive Producer: Teddy Wainwright
- A&R: Marty Scott
- Jeff Lippay: Assistant Engineer / Glen Zdon: Live Sound / Mastering: Grag Calbi, Sterling Sound, Inc.
- Recorded and Mixed at RPM Studios, New York, NY.
- Art Director: Toni Scott / Layout: Murray Brenman
- Photography: Timothy White / Hand Lettering: Stephen Foster / Illustrations: Terre Roche
- Maggie Roche: Singing, piano, synthesizers, keyboard bass
- Terre Roche: Singing, guitars
- Suzzy Roche: Singing, synthesizers, guitars
- Carter Cathcart: Piano on "Losing Our Job", synthesizer strings and horn.
- Libby McLaren: Synthesizers, keyboard bass
- Vince Cherico: Drums, drum programming, percussion
- Fernando Saunders: Bass Guitar
- The Roches: Drum and synthesizer programming
- Larry Fast: Additional synthesizer programming
- Jeffrey Lesser: Falsetto vocal (Don't blink or you'll miss it)
- Special Thanks to David Roche, Teddy Wainwright, Libby McLaren, Carter Cathcart, Vince Cherico, Glen Zdon, Elizabeth Rush, George Sheanshang and Ma & Dad.
- Special Thanks to Jeffrey Less, Jeff Lippay and Marty and Toni Scott for making this possible.
- Thank you, Mark Johnson and Ann Sachs - from Maggie.
- Thanks to Martha Fay, Ilene Weiss, Karen Lashinsky, Merreta Schmeltzkopf & The Single Moms - Couldn't have done it without you! - and to Lucy Roche for teaching me about love - Suzzy
- A very special thanks to my boyfriend, Cliff Fagin and to the memory of my girlfriend, Joanna Walton - Terre
- This album is dedicated to Gram.