Get Route 91 Harvest essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Route 91 Harvest discussion
. Add Route 91 Harvest
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Route 91 Harvest
Main stage and artificial grass spectator area of Route 91 in September 2017, partially obscured by Luxor hotel block. Photograph taken from a helicopter during final preparations for the 2017 event.
Route 91 Harvest festival was a country music festival in the United States that was held annually in Paradise, Nevada. It had been held every year since 2014 in the Las Vegas Village, a 15-acre (6.1 ha) lot on Las Vegas Boulevard, formerly U.S. Route 91, directly across from the Luxor Las Vegas hotel and casino and diagonally across from the Mandalay Bay resort and casino. The festival's promoters were Live Nation Entertainment and MGM Resorts International.
Route 91 Harvest was the scene of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, the deadliest mass shooting by an individual in modern U.S. history. The shooting began as singer Jason Aldean finished his sixth song on the final day of the festival and ended with gunman Stephen Paddock's suicide. At the time, the event was attended by approximately 22,000 people.
The following country music artists were the major acts in the respective years:
- ^ Live Nation Entertainment (2017). "Route 91 Harvest". Live Nation Entertainment. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ a b Crosby, Rachel; Brean, Henry; Hassan, Anita; Munks, Jamie & Bekker, Jessie (October 2, 2017). "'It was a horror show': Mass shooting leaves at least 58 dead, 515 wounded on Las Vegas Strip". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on October 3, 2017. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Whitaker, Sterling (October 2, 2017). "What Is the Route 91 Harvest Festival?". Taste of Country. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Rothman, Michael (October 2, 2017). "What to know about the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival". ABC News. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Fadroski, Kelli (October 2, 2017). "Concert promoter Live Nation responds to the deadly shooting at its Route 91 Harvest festival". Orange County Register. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Housley, Adam; La Jeunesse, William; Gibson, Jake; Herridge, Catherine; Arroyo, Mike; Singman, Brooke; Fedschun, Travis (October 2, 2017). "Las Vegas shooting: At least 58 dead in massacre Trump calls 'act of pure evil'". Fox News. Associated Press. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Suspect in Las Vegas shooting identified as Stephen Paddock". NBC News. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Billboard. "Route 91 Harvest Festival: A Brief History of the Fest Targeted in Las Vegas Shooting". Billboard. Retrieved .