Get Rara Tech essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Rara Tech discussion
. Add Rara Tech
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Rara tech is an electronic music subgenre that fuses the Afro-Haitian genre rara with house music. Haitian-style electronic dance music (EDM) in Haiti is often referred to as "HEDM" (Haitian electronic dance music). The origins of the genre and term was pioneered by Haitian artist, music producer, and DJ, Gardy Girault.
- ^ Rowley, Melissa Jun, ed. (3 June 2014). "Haiti Isn't Asking for Handouts; It's Dancing to 'Sounds of Solidarity'". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ Valsaint Malandre, Daphney, ed. (6 January 2015). "Gardy Girault, as du Tekno lakay". Le Nouvelliste. Retrieved 2015.(in French)
- ^ Webb, Kelly, ed. (26 June 2014). "DJ Sabine Blaizin Talks The Roots Of Haiti's Deep House Movement". Okay Africa. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ Cox, Cailyn, ed. (15 May 2014). "GardyGirault: When it comes to HEDM, it's not just your ears that you are opening, but your heart". JustGo. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ Rodriguez, Lucia, ed. (10 September 2015). "Electronic Music Around The World - Part 2". ARCA. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 2015.(in Spanish)
- ^ Valsaint Malandre, Daphney, ed. (28 July 2015). "Gardy Girault souhaite une meilleure santé au compas". Le Nouvelliste. Retrieved 2015.(in French)
- ^ Press, ed. (February 2015). "Yanvalou". N.B. Haiti. p. 45. Retrieved 2015.(in French)
- ^ Press (DJ Dümi), ed. (15 April 2015). "Selector's Choice: DJ Dumi (Miami/Haiti)". LargeUp. Retrieved 2015.
- ^ Hopping, Clare, ed. (12 May 2014). "Yasemin Denari Southworth: Haiti Is A Country Of Hopes And Dreams". L&T. Retrieved 2015.