Nominations for 'selected article'
Before June 2007
Note: Before June 2007 articles were changed about every 6 weeks
Nov - Dec 2006
As of today, the only obvious energy-related article rated good seems to be Photovoltaic array, which makes it a candidate. Other ideas needed... Gralo 20:39, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
In the absence of comments, decided to use the related article on photovoltaics, due to it being less technical. Gralo 15:49, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
Dec 2006 - Jan 2007
Ideas welcomed... Gralo 15:49, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- Internal combustion engine one possibility Gralo 16:07, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
Jan - Feb 2007
Ideas welcomed... Gralo 19:37, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- I propose World energy resources and consumption, which is a current good article nominee.Beagel 11:10, 28 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestion, Beagel - has been used.
Feb - Mar 2007
Ideas welcome... Gralo 11:53, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- Fusion power?
- Support Fusion power. Global warming could be in July as proposed, other articles have still some editorial issues to be solved.Beagel 12:54, 18 March 2007 (UTC)
- OK, has been used. Gralo 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Geothermal power?
- Global warming?
- Dark energy (once cleaned up)?
- Gralo 20:03, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- Renewable energy in Scotland sbandrews 18:14, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
- It's a well researched and an interesting article, however since the portal is intended for a global audience, and since Scotland isn't a world leader in renewable energy, I think it would be better suited to Portal:Scotland. Or, since the Scots do lead the other countries in the UK, perhaps it would make a very good candidate for Portal:United Kingdom? Gralo 01:10, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- I appreciate what has been said, but have to admit that I, too, thought we could feature Renewable energy in Scotland, and for that matter Renewable energy in Iceland. I think a global audience would be interested in global articles, selected national articles, and even some articles about notable individual projects (eg, largest wind farm in the world, etc). Lets not keep things too general ... we need a balance. regards, -- Johnfos 00:04, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support per Johnfos. Right now we don't have too many selected articles. I propose to add these articles now and maybe later when we'll have more selected articles to take a second look.Beagel 07:28, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Renewable energy in Iceland certainly should be of international interest and I'll add it shortly. Gralo 10:48, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
May - Jun 2007
In addition to the following two unused articles mentioned above, further thoughts welcome. As fusion power is 'energy development' with a science / technology aspect, it would be good to have a traditional vanilla 'energy' topic next.
- Hydroelectricity Beagel 13:11, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- Used after tidying Gralo 23:44, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
- Global warming - should be able to borrow this from the Science portal. Could be good to time it to suit Live Earth in July? Gralo 19:37, 22 February 2007 (UTC)
- Propose Oil shale as promising non-conventional fuel. Working currently on this article to improve this. Beagel 18:41, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- It looks promising Gralo 23:10, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
- Used as noted below Gralo 10:48, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
From June to December 2007
Note: From June 2007 articles are changed randomly from a pool of selected articles, rather than being manually updated. The current pool of articles used can be found here.
There is a need to expand the number of articles in the pool, so please note your ideas below.
Carried forward from previous discussions for future use when article are more polished.
- Geothermal power?
- Dark energy
- Fuel cell Gralo 18:07, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- Oil shale once Beagel is happy with it
- I think it's ready, so you may go forward with this.Beagel 07:17, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Propose following articles:
- Nuclear power - added
- Solar cell
- Photovoltaics is in use and covers the application of the technology, and links to this article. There is a good story in the solar cell article too, although there is also a good deal of technical detail which, while intersting to me, may not be to the non-technical 'interested member of the general public'.
- Domestic AC power plugs and sockets
- Alternating current
- Should be added, as should bioethanol. Will come back to do this.
- Biodiesel - added
- Should certainly be added in the future, but the article isn't well enough developed yet.
- Coal - added
- Cold fusion
- Combined cycle
- Kinetic energy
- Nuclear reactor technology
- Oil refinery
- Tidal power - added
- Wind turbine
- I did consider this before going for wind power, which covers a wider scope, is less technical and links to this article. Worth reviewing after the article has developed more, though. Gralo 10:48, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
Beagel 18:38, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- Transformer Beagel 09:22, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
- Running out of time so will come back and review the other suggestions later Gralo 10:48, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- Peak oil. It was completely re-vamped and was recently awarded GA status.Kgrr 15:04, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
- Peak oil is selected article 18. Gralo 18:31, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Renewable energy in Scotland Currently this is the only article about energy to have reached Featured Article status. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:24, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
Windmade This organization could be considered for inclusion in the energy portal as it deals with labeling of wind energy
Unless there is valid objection, I would like to add Petroleum industry in Iran which is GA and up-to-date. Thanks. SSZ (talk) 08:16, 11 February 2015 (UTC)