Get NakedSelf essential facts below. View Videos
or join the NakedSelf discussion
. Add NakedSelf
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
NakedSelf is a 2000 album by the British band the The. It was the band's first album since Hanky Panky (1995) and the first containing original material since Dusk (1993). In terms of sales, it was the band's least successful until that point, peaking at 45 in the UK Album Chart. As of 2019, it is also the last regular studio album by The The, except for three soundtracks. On the album, guitarist Eric Schermerhorn, who had joined The The before the recording of Hanky Panky (replacing Johnny Marr), takes an active role alongside Matt Johnson, with co-writing credits on six out of twelve tracks.
The album received mainly positive reviews from critics with an average Metacritic rating of 75/100.
- "Boiling Point" (Matt Johnson, Eric Schermerhorn) - 5:48
- "Shrunken Man" (Matt Johnson) - 4:55
- "The Whisperers" (Matt Johnson, Eric Schermerhorn) - 3:20
- "Soul Catcher" (Matt Johnson) - 3:15
- "Global Eyes" (Matt Johnson) - 4:10
- "December Sunlight" (Matt Johnson, Eric Schermerhorn) - 3:18
- "Swine Fever" (Matt Johnson) - 3:39
- "Diesel Breeze" (Matt Johnson, Eric Schermerhorn) - 2:52
- "Weather Belle" (Matt Johnson) - 3:47
- "Voidy Numbness" (Matt Johnson, Eric Schermerhorn) - 4:04
- "Phantom Walls" (Matt Johnson) - 4:17
- "Salt Water" (Matt Johnson, Eric Schermerhorn) - 2:13