Get Montfermeil essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Montfermeil discussion
. Add Montfermeil
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Montfermeil (French pronunciation: [mfm?j] ) is a commune in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 17.2 km (10.7 mi) from the center of Paris.
Montfermeil is famous as the location of Thénardiers' inn in Les Misérables. It has made the headlines due to troubles in its social estate called "les Bosquets".
Points of interest
This section needs expansion
with: more sites. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
Montfermeil at one time had the head office of Titus Software.
Montfermeil is served by two stations of the Paris Métro, RER, or suburban rail network. The closest stations are Le Raincy-Villemomble-Montfermeil and Le Chénay-Gagny.
Schools in Montfermeil:
- Seven combined preschools and elementary schools: L'Arc en Ciel, Paul Eluard, Jules Ferry, Danielle Casanova, Victor Hugo, Jean-Baptiste Clement, and Joliot Curie
- Junior high schools: Jean Jaures and Pablo Picasso
- Ladj Ly, filmmaker
- Samba Diakité, footballer
- Abdoul Diakite, footballer
- Larrys Mabiala, footballer
- Christopher Maboulou, footballer
- Kamulete Makiese, footballer
- Orphee Neola, athlete
- Kevynn Nyokas, handball player
- Olivier Nyokas, handball player
- Listner Pierre-Louis, footballer
- Johny Placide, footballer
- Mamadou Samassa, footballer
- Joel Sami, footballer