Ministry of Education and Culture (Indonesia)
Get Ministry of Education and Culture Indonesia essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Ministry of Education and Culture Indonesia discussion
. Add Ministry of Education and Culture Indonesia
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Ministry of Education and Culture Indonesia
The Ministry of Education and Culture (Kemdikbud; Indonesian: Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan) is a government ministry which organises early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education and community education affairs and the management of culture within the Indonesian government. The ministry formerly organised higher education affairs until the presidency of Joko Widodo, when higher education affairs were transferred to the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education.
The ministry was first named the Ministry of Teaching (Indonesian: Kementerian Pengajaran), and the first person who held the position of minister was Ki Hadjar Dewantara.
Currently, Nadiem Makarim serves as the minister for Education and Culture of Indonesia, inducted on 23 October 2019.
The ministry organisations consists of:
- Office of the Deputy Minister
- Secretariat General
- Directorate General of Teachers and Education Personnel
- Directorate General of Early Childhood Education and Community Education
- Directorate General of Primary and Secondary Education
- Directorate General of Higher Education
- Directorate General of Culture
- Inspectorate General
- Language Development and Fostering Agency
- Agency of Research and Development
- Special Advisor to the Minister on Innovation and Competitiveness
- Special Advisor to the Minister on Central and Regional Relations
- Special Advisor to the Minister on Character Development
- Special Advisor to the Minister on Educational and Cultural Regulations