Get Mihara, Hiroshima essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mihara, Hiroshima discussion
. Add Mihara, Hiroshima
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Mihara (, Mihara-shi) is a city located in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The city was founded on November 15, 1936.
As of July 31, 2016, the city has an estimated population of 97,324 and a population density of 206.62 persons per km². The total area is 471.03 km².
On March 22, 2005, the town of Daiwa (from Kamo District), the town of Kui (from Mitsugi District), and the town of Hong? (from Toyota District) were merged into Mihara.
A map of suburb of Mihara and Onomichi area in 1929 (Japanese edition)
- Ayako Miyake (?), dancer
- Choji Murata (?), baseball player
- Ko Hiura (), novelist
- Yoshihisa Ishida (?), shot putter
- Leyona, singer and songwriter
- Masatoshi Kawahara, manga artist
- Ryuji Imada, professional golfer
- Satoshi Urushihara, manga artist
- Hisatoshi Shintaku, long-distance runner
- Keiko Ikeda, Bronze medalist of 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo
A small island off the coast of Sagishima, called Sukune, was the location of Kaneto Shindo's film The Naked Island released in 1960. Director Shindo and his wife Nobuko Otowa both had their ashes scattered on the island.