Get Max Weber Bibliography essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Max Weber Bibliography discussion
. Add Max Weber Bibliography
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Max Weber Bibliography
This is a chronological list of works by Max Weber. Original titles with dates of publication and translated titles are given when possible, then a list of works translated into English, with earliest-found date of translation. The list of translations is most likely incomplete.
Weber wrote all his books in German. Original titles published after his death (1920) are likely to be compilations of unfinished works (note the term 'Collected Essays...' in the titles). Many translations are of parts or selections from various German originals, and the names of the translations often do not reveal which German works they are drawn from.
- The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism (original - 1904 to 1905, translation - 1930)
- From Max Weber: Essays in Sociology (translation - 1946) ISBN 0-19-500462-0
- The Theory of Social and Economic Organization (Talcott Parsons' translation of volume 1 of Economy and Society) (original - 1915?, translation - 1947)
- Max Weber on the Methodology of the Social Sciences (translation 1949)
- General Economic History - The Social Causes of the Decay of Ancient Civilisation (original - 1927, translation 1950)
- The Religion of China: Confucianism and Taoism (translation - 1951)
- Ancient Judaism (original 1917-1920, part of Gesammelte Aufsatze zur Religionssoziologie in 1920-1921, translation - 1952)
- Max Weber on Law in Economy and Society (translation - 1954)
- The City (original - 1921, translation - 1958)
- The Religion of India: The Sociology of Hinduism and Buddhism (translation - 1958)
- Rational and Social Foundations of Music (translation - 1958)
- The Three Types of Legitimate Rule (translation - 1958)
- Basic Concepts in Sociology (translation - 1962)
- The Agrarian Sociology of Ancient Civilizations (translation - 1976)
- Critique of Stammler (translation - 1977)
- Economy and Society : An Outline of Interpretive Sociology (translation - 1978)
- On Charisma and Institution Building (translation - 1994)
- Weber: Political Writings (translation - 1994)
- The Russian Revolutions (original - 1905, translation--1995)
- Essays in Economic Sociology (translation - 1999
- Weber's Rationalism and Modern Society: New Translations on Politics, Bureaucracy, and Social Stratification" (original 1914-1919, translation-2015)
Translations of unknown date:
Works available online
See 'External links' section of Max Weber article for a list of websites containing online works of Max Weber.