Get Mark of the Unicorn essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mark of the Unicorn discussion
. Add Mark of the Unicorn
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Mark of the Unicorn
Mark of the Unicorn (MOTU) is a music-related computer software and hardware supplier. It is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and has created music software since 1984.
Products by MOTU include:
Past notable products:
- MINCE and SCRIBBLE, an Emacs-like editor and Scribe-like text formatter for CP/M machines. MINCE was also available for the Atari ST.
- FinalWord word processor (sold and became Sprint).
- Professional Composer, one of the first graphical music-notation editors
- Mouse Stampede, arguably the first arcade-style game available for the Apple Macintosh (1984)
- Hex game for the Atari ST and Amiga computers (released in 1985)
- The first FireWire Audio Interface for Mac and Windows.
- PC/Intercomm, VT100 emulator for the Atari ST.