Get Mariza Koch essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mariza Koch discussion
. Add Mariza Koch
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Mariza Koch (Greek: ; born March 14, 1944) is a Greek folk music singer who has recorded many albums since starting her career in 1971. On the wider stage she is best remembered for representing her homeland at the Eurovision Song Contest 1976 with the song Panayia Mou, Panayia Mou.
Mariza Koch was born in Athens in 1944 but lived in her mother's hometown in Santorini from a young age. Her father was German.
Koch began her musical career in 1971 with an album titled Arabas. It consisted of a collection of traditional Greek folk songs blended with unusual beats from traditional and modern electronic instrumental sounds.
Her unique vocals became the center piece of the music which on more than one occasion needed no accompaniment. No matter what one called it, the album was a resounding success. More albums followed with the sound eventually mellowing back into the original folk sounds of the past, where traditional instruments are used in their entirety.
Koch's most recent album included elements of traditional Greek music and Jazz Fusion. On 14 March 2010, Alpha TV ranked Koch the 29th top-certified female artist in the nation's phonographic era (since 1960).
- 1971 «?» Arabas (cart), the first Golden Disc in history of music in Greece!
- 1973 « » Mia sto karfi ke mia sto petalo (One blow at the nail and one at the horseshoe)
- 1974 «? » I Mariza Koch ke dio zygies pechnidia (Mariza Koch and two pounds of toys)
- 1976 «? ? » Panagia mou , Panagia mou (My Holy Mother, my Holy Mother)
- 1976 « » Ase me na taksidepso (Let me travel)
- 1977 « » Mariza Koch
- 1978 « ? » Mia ekdromi me tin Mariza (A trip with Mariza)
- 1978 « » Ena periboli gemato tragoudia (A garden full of songs)
- 1979 « 1» Egeo 1 (Aegean 1)
- 1979 « 2» Egeo 2 (Aegean 2)
- 1980 «? » O kathreptis (The Mirror)
- 1982 « » Sto vathos kipos (Garden in the Back)
- 1986 « ?» Ta paralia (The beach songs)
- 1988 « ?» Ethniki Odos (National Road)
- 1990 « ?» I dromi tou mikrou Alexandrou (The roads of little Alexander)
- 1992 « » Dipli Vardia (Double guard duty)
- «? ? » I gorgona taxidevi ton mikro Alexandro
- « ? » Mia ekdromi me tis ennea mouses (A trip with the nine muses)
- « ? ?» San ouranio toxo (Like a Rainbow)
- « » Na ta pume (can we tell the songs?)
- « » Mia giorti me tin Mariza (A celebration with Mariza)
- « ? » Ta chromatista tragoudia (The coloured songs)
- 2002 « » Dipli Vardia (double guard duty)
- 2003 «? » (fata morgana)
- 2004 « ? » Randevou stin Athina (Rendezvouz in Athens)
- 2004 «? ?» Pnoi tu Egeou (Breath of Aegean)
- « ? ?» S'avti tin poli (In this city)
- « » To tropario tis Kassianis (The hymn of Cassiane)
- « ?» Ta paralia (The beach songs)
- 2009 «? ? » Pano sti Thalassa ego tragoudo (Above the sea I'm singing)