Get Mario Schiano essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mario Schiano discussion
. Add Mario Schiano
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Mario Schiano (20 July 1933 in Naples - 10 May 2008 in Rome) was an Italian alto saxophonist and soprano saxophonist associated with avant-garde/free jazz.
He was born in Naples. A member of the Italian Instabile Orchestra, Schiano recorded with musicians such as Famoudou Don Moye, Eugenio Colombo, Ernst Reijseger, Paul Rutherford, Gianluigi Trovesi and Joëlle Léandre, among others.
He died in Rome in 2008.
- Sud (1973)
- On the Waiting List (1973)
- De Dé (1977)
- Out of Date (1984)
- Redland Blue (1988)
- Benefit Concert to Repurchase the Pendulum for Mr. Foucault (1989)
- Unlike (1990)
- Uncaged (1991, with Don Moye)
- And So On (1992, with Ernst Reijseger
- Original Sins: Unreleased, 1967-1970 (1992)
- Tracks (1993)
- Blue Memories (with Joëlle Léandre)
- Meetings (1994)
- She Was Sitting in the First Row (1994)
- Used to Be Friends (1995)
- Social Security (Live, 1996)
- Friendship of Walnuts (1996)
- (To Be Continued...) (1998)
- Trio di Napoli (1998)
- Fluxus: Instant Soundtrack for a Silent Movie (1999)
- My Funny Valentine (1999, Vocals)
- Supposing That (2002)
- Mario Schiano & His All Stars (2007)