List of XML Markup Languages
Browse the List of XML Markup Languages below. View Videos
or join the discussion
on this topic. Add List of XML Markup Languages
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
List of XML Markup Languages
This is a list of notable XML markup languages.
- Facelets VDL: View declaration language used in the Facelets framework and JavaServer Faces.
- FicML: Fiction Markup Language
- FictionBook: an e-book format
- FIXatdl, FIX algorithmic trading definition language. Schema provides a HCI between a human trader, the order entry screen(s), unlimited different algorithmic trading types (called strategies) from a variety of sources, and formats a new order message on the FIX wire.
- FIXML, Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol in XML format. FIX is a very widely deployed messaging protocol used between financial traders worldwide.
- FleXML: an XML transformation language
- FpML, Financial products Markup Language. Used to describe complex financial products.
- FXT: transformation specification for the Functional XML Transformation Tool
- Geography Markup Language: a grammar defined by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) to express geographical features
- GeoSciML: a GML Application Schema that can be used to transfer information about geology, with an emphasis on the "interpreted geology" that is conventionally portrayed on geologic maps.
- GJXDM: a data reference model for the exchange of information within the justice and public safety communities
- GPX: a language designed for transferring GPS data between software applications
- GraphML: a standard exchange format for graphs
- Green Building XML: also known as "gbXML", a schema to facilitate the transfer of building properties stored in 3D building information models (BIM) to engineering analysis tools, especially energy and building performance analysis
- HumanML: for describing contextual (emotional, social, pragmatic) information about instances of human communication
- Industry Foundation Classes: specifically the "ifcXML" format, defined by ISO 10303-28 ("STEP-XML"), having file extension ".ifcXML". This format is suitable for interoperability with XML tools and exchanging partial building models.
- Information and Content Exchange
- IO-Link Device Description (IODD): contains information about the device's identity, parameters, process data, diagnosis data and IO-Link communication properties.
- Microformats: a piece mark up that allows expression of semantics in an HTML (or XHTML) web page
- MOWL: semantic interactions with multimedia content
- Music Encoding Initiative (MEI): an XML-based language for digital representations of music notation documents.
- Music Markup Language
- MusicXML: an XML-based music notation file format.
- MXML: a language used to declaratively lay-out the interface of applications, and also to implement complex business logic and rich internet application behaviors
- ODD: A 'One Document Does-it-all' TEI format for simultaneously recording project documentation and meta-schema definition from which you can generate RELAX NG, W3C XML Schema, and DTDs as well as formatted documentation.
- ODRL: an XML-based standard Rights Expression Language (REL) used in Digital Rights Management systems
- Office Open XML: is a Microsoft file format specification for the storage of electronic documents
- OFX: Open Financial Exchange is a unified specification for the electronic exchange of financial data between financial institutions, businesses and consumers via the Internet.
- OIOXML: an XML-markup language created by the Danish government to ease communication from, to and between Danish governmental instances
- Open Mathematical Documents (OMDoc), based on OpenMath and MathML, but with a greater coverage.
- OML: an XML format for outlines, based on OPML.
- Open eBook: the e-book format defined by Open eBook Publication Structure Specification; superseded by ePub.
- Open Scripture Information Standard (OSIS), an XML-markup schema that defines tags for marking up Bibles, theological commentaries, and other related literature.
- OpenDocument (ODF): a document file format used for describing electronic documents
- OpenMath - a markup language for mathematical formulae which can complement MathML.
- OPML: an XML format for outlines
- Vector Markup Language: used to produce vector graphics, implemented in Microsoft Office 2000 and higher
- Vexi: an international effort to create an easy-to-use platform for the development and delivery of internet application interfaces
- VoiceXML: format for specifying interactive voice dialogues between a human and a computer
- X3D: Extensible 3D (X3D) is an international standard for real-time 3D computer graphics, the successor to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML)
- XAML: a declarative XML-based vector graphics markup language
- XACML: eXtensible Access Control Markup Language
- XBEL : the XML Bookmark Exchange Language.
- XBL: used to declare the behavior and look of 'XUL'-widgets and XML elements
- XBRL: an open data standard for financial reporting.
- xCBL: a collection of XML specifications for use in e-business.
- xCal: the XML-compliant representation of the iCalendar standard
- XCES: an XML based standard to codify text corpus
- XDI: sharing, linking, and synchronizing data using machine-readable structured documents that use an RDF vocabulary based on XRI structured identifiers
- XDuce: an XML transformation language
- XDXF: for monolingual and bilingual dictionaries
- XFA: enhance the processing of web forms
- XForms: a format for the specification of a data processing model for XML data and user interface(s) for the XML data, such as web forms
- XHTML: a markup language that has the same depth of expression as HTML, but with a syntax conforming to XML
- XHTML Basic
- XHTML Friends Network
- XHTML Modularization
- XidML: an open standard used within the flight test instrumentation industry that describes instrumentation and how data is acquired, stored, transmitted and processed
- XInclude: a processing model and syntax for general purpose XML inclusion
- XLIFF: XML Localization Interchange File Format, a format created to standardize localization.
- XLink: a language used for creating hyperlinks in XML documents
- XMI: an OMG standard for exchanging metadata information via XML. The most common use of XMI is as an interchange format for UML models
- XML Encryption: a specification that defines how to encrypt the content of an XML element
- XML Information Set: describing an abstract data model of an XML document in terms of a set of information items
- XML Interface for Network Services: definition and implementation of internet applications, enforcing a specification-oriented approach.
- XML Resource: provide a platform independent way of describing windows in a GUI
- XML Schema: a description of a type of XML document, typically expressed in terms of constraints on the structure and content of documents of that type, above and beyond the basic syntax constraints imposed by XML itself
- XML Script: an XML transformation language, or a Microsoft technology preview for scripting web browsers
- XML Signature: an XML syntax for digital signatures
- XML for Analysis: data access in analytical systems, such as OLAP and Data Mining
- XML pipeline: a language expressing how XML transformations are connected together
- XML-RPC: a remote procedure call protocol which uses XML to encode its calls and HTTP as a transport mechanism
- XMLTerm: A Mozilla-based Semantic User Interface
- XMLTV: a format to represent TV listings.
- XOMGL: obtain large amounts of data from municipal government agencies.
- XOXO: an XML microformat for publishing outlines, lists, and blogrolls on the Web
- XPDL: interchange Business Process definitions between different workflow products
- XPath (or XPath 1.0): an expression language for addressing portions of an XML document
- XPath 2.0: a language for addressing portions of XML documents, successor of XPath 1.0
- XPointer: a system for addressing components of XML based internet media
- XProc : a W3C standard language to describe XML Pipeline
- XQuery: a query language designed to query collections of XML data (similar to SQL)
- XrML: the eXtensible Rights Markup Language, or the Rights Expression Language (REL) for MPEG-21
- XSIL: an XML-based transport language for scientific data
- XSL Formatting Objects: a markup language for XML document formatting which is most often used to generate PDFs
- XSL Transformations: a language used for the transformation of XML documents.
- XSPF: a playlist format for digital media
- XTCE: describes binary blocks for telemetry and command exchange
- XUL: a XML user interface markup language developed by the Mozilla project.
- XUpdate: a lightweight query language for modifying XML data