Shop for PELbO mp3s
. Get Kristoffer Lo essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Kristoffer Lo discussion
. Add Kristoffer Lo
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Kristoffer Lo (born 19 February 1985 in Moss, Norway) is a Norwegian jazz musician (tuba, flugabone, guitar, keyboards) and composer.
Lo has redefined the use of tuba and its role in band. From its traditional role as the low-end in symphony orchestras and Dixieland bands, he has taken the instrument to a new direction, filling the position as the ultra low end in metal- and noise bands. With a bunch of electronics and huge amps, Kristoffer's tuba sounds like a low-end monster and a high pitched squeal at the same time. He is a part of bands like Pelbo, Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, Microtub, Sunswitch and Highasakite.
With music studies from the jazz program at the Musikkonservatoriet i Trondheim, he has slowly built up a solid reputation both in Norway and elsevere.
- 2013: Anomie (Gigafon Records)
- 2016: The Black Meat (Propeller Recordings)
- Midtnorsk Ungdomsstorband with Andre; Roligheten and Brother K
- 2009: Live At Dokkhuset (MNJ Records)
- With PELbO
- 2010: PELbO (Riot Factory)
- 2011: Days Of Transcendence (Riot Factory)
- With Microtub (Hayward / Lo / Taxt)
- 2011: Microtub (Sofa Records)
- 2014: Star System (Sofa Records)
- With Machina
- 2011: So Much For Dancing (ra Fonogram)
- With Sunswitch
- 2012: Sunswitch (Riot Factory)
- With Highasakite
- With Yodok
- 2013: #2 (The Perfect Hoax)
- With Yodok III
- 2014: Yodok III (A New Wave Of Jazz)
- 2015: The Sky Flashes. The Great Sea Yearns. (A New Wave Of Jazz)
- With Trondheim Jazz Orchestra
- 2015: Savages (MNJ Records) feat. Kristoffer Lo
- With Motorpsycho
- 2018: Roadwork Vol. 5 - Field Notes: The Fantastic Expedition of Jrmyr, Ryan, Sther & Lo - Live in Europe 2017 (Rune Grammofon) (Stickman Records)