Get KT SkyLife essential facts below. View Videos
or join the KT SkyLife discussion
. Add KT SkyLife
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
KT SkyLife (Korean: KT) is a satellite broadcasting provider in South Korea. It is a subsidiary of KT Corporation.
- December 19, 2000 - The South Korean government decided to create an official satellite television provider (KT-lead KDB Consortium).
- March 30, 2001 - The company was founded.
- March 1, 2002 - Officially began to provide satellite broadcasting service.
- December 24, 2002 - Total number of subscribers exceeded 500,000.
- May 21, 2003 - Interactive television and Dolby 5.1 surround sound capabilities provided for the first time in South Korean television.
- September 29, 2003 - HDTV services and the SkyHD channel launched.
- October 28, 2003 - TV SMS services launched.
- November 1, 2003 - T-Commerce service launched.
- November 3, 2003 - Total number of subscribers exceeded 1 million.
- March 24, 2004 - Interactive election broadcasting service provided for the first time in Korea.
- April 11, 2005 - TV ordering service launched for the first time in Korea.
- May 3, 2005 - TV Banking service launched for the first time in Korea.
- January 25, 2006 - BBC World News launched.
- June 14, 2006 - FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 rebroadcast in North Korea.
- November 20, 2006 - SkyPVR personal video recording service launched for the first time in Korea.
- December 31, 2006 - Number of subscribers amounted to 1.96 million, resulting in yearly profit of 3.6 billion won.
- February 24, 2007 - Number of subscribers reached 2 million.
- May 23, 2007 - SkyEnglishWorld English language channels only package released.
- April 1, 2008 - H.264 HD service launched
- January 1, 2009 - SkyEn, exclusive channel for men entertainment, was launched.
- March 5, 2009 - Discovery HD World launched.
- July 1, 2009 - Qook TV Skylife, joint service with Saterlite broadcast and IPTV's VOD, launched.
- January 1, 2010 - Sky3D, first 3D channel service in Korea, was launched.
- March 25, 2011 - Number of subscribers reached 3 million.
- March 29, 2011 - The company renamed from Korea Digital Satellite Broadcasting to KT Skylife because KT became the largest shareholder and took control of the company.
- May 30, 2011 - The KTSkylife New Channel This-colaunched 2011.
- July 31, 2011 - HDChannel 101Channels,New launched 2011(Channel One|Entertainment,SBS-CNBC|News)
- December 31, 2011 - Entertainment Channel New 2011 Skyrainbow High-def launched
- January 1, 2012 - Channel IT, Data Channel For Korean, launched.
- July 1, 2012 - Ch.N,The M Relaunched
Total 200 channels as of April 2008 (92 Video Channels/41 Audio Channels/20 Interactive Channels)
(full 'list of channels' on Skylife will upload soon. These channels are the sneak preview of it)International Network(Asia Package)
Indian Pack 1
Indian Pack 2
For full channel number listing and click here
Source: SkyLife Official Homepage
Based on the data of March 31, 2011.
- KT 52.93%
- KT Network 0.12%
- KBS 7.17%
- MBC 4.30%
- Others 35.47%