Get John Bloom Film Editor essential facts below. View Videos
or join the John Bloom Film Editor discussion
. Add John Bloom Film Editor
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
John Bloom Film Editor
John Bloom (born 12 September 1935, London) is a British film editor with nearly fifty film credits commencing with the 1960 film, The Impersonator. He is the brother of actress Claire Bloom.
Bloom won the Academy Award for Best Film Editing and the American Cinema Editors (ACE) Award for Best Edited Feature Film for Gandhi (1982). He was nominated for Academy Awards in 1981 for his work on The French Lieutenant's Woman and in 1985 for A Chorus Line. He was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Editing in 1981 for The French Lieutenant's Woman, in 1982 for Gandhi, and in 1984 for Under Fire (with Mark Conte).
In 1999, the ACE awarded Bloom its Career Achievement Award.
In 2001, he won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Single Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special for Wit, and, in 2004, the ACE Award for Best Edited Miniseries or Movie for Non-Commercial Television for his work on Angels in America (2003).
- Georgy Girl (1966), directed by Silvio Narizzano
- The Lion in Winter (1968), directed by Anthony Harvey
- Travels with My Aunt (1972), directed by George Cukor
- The Message (film) (1976), directed by Moustapha Akkad
- Who'll Stop the Rain (1978), directed by Karel Reisz
- Dracula (1979), directed by John Badham
- The French Lieutenant's Woman (1981), directed by Karel Reisz
- Gandhi (1982), directed by Richard Attenborough
- Betrayal (1983), directed by David Jones
- Under Fire (supervising, with Mark Conte) (1983), directed by Roger Spottiswoode
- A Chorus Line (1985), directed by Richard Attenborough
- Black Widow (1987), directed by Bob Rafelson
- Air America (1990), directed by Roger Spottiswoode
- Nobody's Fool (1994), directed by Robert Benton
- The First Wives Club (1996), directed by Hugh Wilson
- Wit (2001), directed by Mike Nichols
- Angels in America (2003) (2 episodes), directed by Mike Nichols
- Notes on a Scandal (2006), directed by Richard Eyre
- Charlie Wilson's War (2007), directed by Mike Nichols