Kellogg in 2009
|Born: August 29, 1961|
|June 13, 1991|
|Career highlights and awards|
- All-Star Games (1997, 2009)
- Wild Card Games (2012)
- Division Series (1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016)
- League Championship Series (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2012)
- World Series (2000, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2014)
Jeffrey William Kellogg (born August 29, 1961) is a retired Major League Baseball umpire who worked in the National League from 1991 to 1999 and throughout both major leagues from 2000 to 2019. He wears uniform number 8, formerly worn in the NL by Hall of Fame umpire Doug Harvey from 1962 to 1992. For the 2016 season, he was the crew chief of Crew I.
Kellogg has umpired in two Major League Baseball All-Star Games (1997, 2009), eight Division Series (1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016), six League Championship Series (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2012), and five World Series (2000, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2014 - as Crew Chief ).
He was promoted to crew chief in 2010 and assigned Crew G with Larry Vanover, Jeff Nelson and Mark Carlson.
Kellogg was behind the plate in 2006 when Aníbal Sánchez threw a no-hitter. He was also the plate umpire for Ubaldo Jiménez's no-hitter in 2010. In both games, Miguel Olivo was the catcher.
Kellogg was the third base umpire for Mark Buehrle's no-hitter against the Texas Rangers on April 18, 2007.
Kellogg was the home plate umpire for Trevor Hoffman's 500th save on June 6, 2007, ending the game on a called third strike
Kellogg was umpiring at second base when Randy Johnson reached the 300 win milestone on June 4, 2009.
On April 27, 2012, in a game between the Baltimore Orioles and Oakland A's, Kellogg tackled a shirtless man who had run onto the field and slid into home plate at Oriole Park at Camden Yards after the man had eluded Baltimore police for nearly two minutes.
Kellogg was chosen to serve as the crew chief for the one-game Wild Card playoff between the Atlanta Braves and the St. Louis Cardinals on October 5, 2012.
Kellogg was the second base umpire when Albert Pujols of the Los Angeles Angels hit his 600th career home run against the Minnesota Twins on June 3, 2017.
- ^ MLB announces World Series umpiring crew MLB.com Retrieved 22 Oct 2014
- ^ No-Hitter - MLB Topics ESPN.com. Retrieved 14 June 2012
- ^ Buehrle hurls no-hitter to lead ChiSox over Rangers ESPN.com. Retrieved July 30, 2012
- ^ San Francisco Giants at Washington Nationals Box Score, June 4, 2009 Baseball Reference.com Retrieved 11 August 2017
- ^ Video: Umpire Jeff Kellogg tackles fan on the field cbssports.com.
- ^ Umpires for Wild Card Games, Division Series announced Darling, Kellogg Will Serve As Crew Chiefs for Wild Card Games; Davis, DeMuth, Gorman and West Assigned to Lead Division Series Crews. MLB.com. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- ^ https://www.mlb.com/gameday/twins-vs-angels/2017/06/03/490935#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490935