Jamie Hartford is an American singer, musician, and songwriter.
Jamie, the son of John Hartford, was raised in a musical environment, meeting and learning from artists such as Johnny Cash, the Everly Brothers, Cowboy Jack Clement, and John Prine.
In his early career, Hartford occasionally filled in for Albert Lee at Everly Brothers performances. He also performed with the re-formed Amazing Rhythm Aces.
In the mid-90s, Hartford was signed by Asylum Records and recorded an album with producer Pete Anderson. This album was never released.
In 1997, Paladin Records released Hartford's album What About Yes. He was assisted by Pat McLaughlin (guitar), Jeff "Stick" Davis (bass), and Jim Lauderdale.
Hartford paid homage to his father by recording an album with him (Hartford & Hartford) and recorded an album of John's songs (Part Of Your History: The Songs Of John Hartford).
The Jamie Hartford Band includes Ray Flacke (guitar), Rick Lonow (drums), Paco Ship (harmonica), and Charlie Chadwick (bass).
The late singer-songwriter Guy Clark, who built 19th-century-style flamenco guitars, made a gift of one to Hartford.
- 1997: What About Yes (Paladin)
- 2005: Part Of Your History The Songs Of John Hartford (New Sheriff)
With the Jamie Hartford Band
- 2000: Live (Wildwood)
- 2004: Stuff That Works (Earwave)
As guest musician
- 1999: Jim Lauderdale - Onward Through It All (RCA) - track 12, "What I Want You To Say"
- 2000: Ronnie McCoury - Heartbreak Town (Rounder) - track 3, "Somebody's Gonna Pay"
- 2001: Mike Walker - Mike Walker (DreamWorks SKG) - track 8, "I Want a Little More" (co-written with Don Cook and Mike Walker)
- 2002: Deryl Dodd - Pearl Snaps (Lucky Dog / Epic) - track 6, "Good Things Happen"
- 2002: Andy Griggs - Freedom (RCA) - track 11, "Brand New Something Going On" (co-written with Don Cook)
- 2002: Sawyer Brown - Can You Hear Me Now (Curb) - track 5, "Hard Hard World"
- 2005: Blue Merle - Burning in the Sun (Island Records) - track 10, "Part of Your History" (co-written with Luke Reynolds)
- 2005: Dierks Bentley - Modern Day Drifter (Capitol Records Nashville) - track 6, "Good Things Happen"
- 2006: David St. Romain - DSR (Intuit) - track 1, "Hard, Hard World"
- 2006: various artists - Various - Hands Across The Water (A Benefit For The Children Of The Tsunami) (Compass) - track 11, "Part Of Your History" (co-written with Luke Reynolds)
- 2011: Dierks Bentley - Home (Capitol Records Nashville) - track 9, "When You Gonna Come Around" (co-written with Gary Nicholson)
- 2013: Mickie James - Somebody's Gonna Pay (eOne) - track 1, "Somebody's Gonna Pay"
As primary artist/song contributor
- 2001: various artists - A Tribute To John Hartford (Live From Mountain Stage) (Blue Plate) - track 5, Who Cut Your Heart Out?'"