Jackie Lee Country Singer
Get Jackie Lee Country Singer essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Jackie Lee Country Singer discussion
. Add Jackie Lee Country Singer
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Jackie Lee Country Singer
Jackie Lee (born October 2, 1991 in Maryville, Tennessee) is an American country music singer-songwriter.
Before pursuing a career in music, Lee played high school football at Alcoa High, where he was a teammate of future NFL receiver Randall Cobb. He grew up singing in church and his dad was a professional musician. Lee was briefly signed to Republic Nashville in 2012.
He signed to Broken Bow Records and released his debut single, "She Does", in September 2014. The song was written by Kelley Lovelace and Neil Thrasher and originally put on hold by Kenny Chesney.
Markos Papadatos of Digital Journal gave the song four stars out of five, writing that "Lee's vocals on 'She Does' are rich, sultry and polished, where the listener can easily recall country singer-songwriters Will Hoge and James Otto." The song also received a favorable review from Taste of Country, which called it "a country love song that stands out from so many others on the radio" and said that "Lee is a pure country vocalist who will attract both fans of traditional country and fans of a slicker sound." "She Does" was the most added song at country radio the week of September 15, 2014. It debuted at number 57 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of October 4.
Lee made his Grand Ole Opry debut in September 2014. Lee's second single, "Headphones", was released to country radio on May 11, 2015. Lee released his third single, "Leave the Light On", through Spotify on July 8, 2016. A fourth single, "Getting Over You", was released to country radio in 2016. Lee parted ways with Broken Bow in July 2017.
- ^ a b Kendra Meinert, "Cobb's Old Alcoa Football Pal Lands Lambeau Anthem Gig," Maryville-Alcoa (TN) Daily Times, 25 December 2014.
- ^ a b Holthouse, Jerry (November 5, 2014). "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Rising Star, Jackie Lee". Nashville.com. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Nicholson, Jessica (November 19, 2014). "MusicRowPics: Jackie Lee". MusicRow. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ "JACKIE LEE INKS DEAL WITH REPUBLIC NASHVILLE". Big Machine Records. February 16, 2012. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Bjorke, Matt (November 7, 2014). "New Artist Spotlight: Jackie Lee". Roughstock. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Ward, Scott (September 15, 2014). "New Artist Jackie Lee's "She Does" is an Impassioned Introduction to County Fans - New in Nashville". KFRG. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Freeman, Jon (November 26, 2014). "Jackie Lee Premieres Lyric Video for "She Does"". Country Weekly. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Papadatos, Markos (September 17, 2014). "Review: Jackie Lee impresses on debut country single 'She Does'". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ "Jackie Lee, 'She Does' [Listen]". Taste of Country. November 20, 2014. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Harr, Dan (September 16, 2014). "Jackie Lee's Debut Single "She Does" Is #1 Most Added Song at Country Radio". Music News Nashville. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Papadatos, Markos (September 29, 2014). "Interview: Jackie Lee talks country single 'She Does' and career". Digital Journal. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Morris, Edward (September 26, 2014). "Tim McGraw Tops Album Chart With Sundown Heaven Town". Country Music Television. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ Dauphin, Chuck (October 22, 2014). "Jackie Lee Scores a Touchdown With First Single, 'She Does,' Prepping Debut Album". Billboard. Retrieved 2014.
- ^ "Jackie Lee Album & Song Chart History - Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2014.