Get J. Schmidt-Andersen essential facts below. View Videos
or join the J. Schmidt-Andersen discussion
. Add J. Schmidt-Andersen
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Johannes Schmidt-Andersen (died March 1976) was a Danish philatelist who in 1952 was awarded the Crawford Medal by the Royal Philatelic Society London for his work The postage stamps of Denmark 1851-1951.Gibbons Stamp Monthly called him "the Father of Danish philately". He signed the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists in 1950.
- The postage stamps of Denmark 1851-1951. Copenhagen: The General Directorate of the Royal Danish Post Office, 1951. (Translated from the original Danish manuscript by Roland King-Farlow)
- ^ "Membership" in The London Philatelist, Vol. 85, No. 1005-1006, September-October 1976, p. 170.
- ^ The Society's medals and honorary fellowship. The Royal Philatelic Society London, 2009, p. 3.
- ^ "The 32nd Philatelic Congress of Great Britain" in Gibbons Stamp Monthly, June 1950, p. 118.
- ^ Background notes on The Roll of Distinguished Philatelists September 2011, Roll of Distinguished Philatelists Trust, London, 2011. Archived here.