Coordinates: 35°31?07?N 129°26?21?E / 35.518747°N 129.4390652°E
Hyundai Heavy Industries Financial Performance
Hyundai Heavy Industries cranes and ship yard
Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (or HHI) is the world's largest shipbuilding company. Its headquarters are in Ulsan, South Korea. HHI was founded in 1972 by Chung Ju-yung as a division of the Hyundai Group, and in 1974, completed building its first ships. In 2002, the company was spun-off from its parent company. HHI has four core business divisions: Shipbuilding, Offshore & Engineering, Industrial Plant & Engineering, and Engine & Machinery. HHI also has five non-core related subsidiaries: Hyundai Electric & Energy Systems, Hyundai Construction Equipment, Hyundai Robotics, Hyundai Heavy Industries Green Energy, and Hyundai Global Service.
The Hyundai Group started as a small South Korean construction firm in 1947, headed by its founder, Korean entrepreneur Chung Ju-Yung. Another widely known and closely related Korean company, the Hyundai Motor Company, was founded in 1967, five years prior to the founding of the Heavy Industry Group. The motor company was also founded by Chung.
The name is an informal romanisation of the Korean (hyeondae) meaning "contemporary", which was Chung's vision for the group of companies that he founded.
- Crude oil tankers (Very Large Crude Carriers)
- Shipping container carrier ships
- Oil and natural gas drilling ships
- Liquified natural gas carrier ships
- Naval vessels, with optional Skybench technology
Offshore oil and gas rig engineering and construction
- Offshore oil and gas rig engineering and construction
- Oil and gas storage and delivery vessel construction (FPSO)
- Heavylift ship barge and ship transport vessels (Semi-submersible) building
Industrial facilities engineering and construction
- Electrical power plant, engineering and construction
- Oil & gas production facility, engineering and construction
- Desalination plant, engineering and construction
Large engine and machine engineering and manufacturing
- Large vessel drive engines
- Large stationary power plants
Electric & Energy Systems
- Division includes plants in Puna, India and in multiple locations within China. Over 2,000 excavator sales in India were recorded in the first quarter of 2017. Brands include L&T Komatsu, Tata-Hitachi and J&B- U.K.
- Skid loaders
- Fork lifts
- Top South Korean industrial robot makers including medical & surgical robot development.
- Transformers and other electrical distribution equipment. Hyundai-Green's distribution network for solar products covers over 72 distributors and wholesalers in more than 20 countries.
- Hyundai Wia Top S.Korean machine tool & auto parts company.sales 7 billion USD. A Hyundai motor subsidiary. Ex-Kia motor subsidiary.
- Hyundai Powertech A auto transmission subsidiary 4 billion USD turnover. Headquarter Seosan, CChungnam.
- Hyundai Asan, a division of Hyundai Group Hyundai elevator group. 50% elevator market share in South Korea. 1.4 billion USD turnover.
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction, a division of Hyundai motor group. Top South Korean construction engineering company. A symbol of Korean economic miracle mover like Gyeongbu expressway, Hyundai motor complex and World top Hyundai shipyard and giant chemical and refinery complex construction.
- Hyundai industrial development apartment brand iPark, Yongsan iPark mall and Park Hyatt hotel owner. A leading construction and tetal service group. The first apartment culture pioneer.
- Hyundai Electronics, renamed as SK Hynix in 2001 when company spun off. World 2nd semiconductor company. Display LCD division sale to China.