Get Hamish & Andy essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Hamish & Andy discussion
. Add Hamish & Andy
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Hamish & Andy
Hamish is a masculine given name in English and occasionally a nickname. It is the Anglicised form of the vocative case of the Scottish Gaelic Seumas: Sheumais. The Scottish Gaelic Seumas is the equivalent to the English James.
- Hamish Blake (born 1981), Australian comedian and radio presenter
- Hamish Bond (born 1986), Olympic gold medalist rower from New Zealand
- Hamish Bowles (born 1963), European Editor-at-Large for Vogue
- Hamish Brown, writer, lecturer and photographer specialising in mountain and outdoor topics
- Hamish Carter (born 1971), Olympic gold medalist triathlete from New Zealand
- Hamish Clark, Scottish actor, famous for playing the part of Duncan McKay in the BBC TV series Monarch of the Glen
- Hamish Forbes, 7th Baronet (1916-2007), British Army major
- Hamish Glencross (born 1978), heavy metal guitarist for the band My Dying Bride
- Hamish Imlach (born 1940), Scottish folk singer
- Hamish Kilgour, New Zealand musician in the band The Clean
- Hamish Linklater, American actor, known for his role on The New Adventures of Old Christine
- Hamish MacCunn (1868-1916), Scottish composer, conductor and music teacher
- Hamish Marshall (born 1979), New Zealand cricketer
- Hamish McAlpine (born 1948), Scottish footballer
- Hamish McDonald, Australian broadcast journalist for Al Jazeera English
- Hamish McKay, New Zealand television presenter
- Hamish Milne, British pianist
- Hamish Moore, Scottish maker, musician and teacher
- Hamish Peacock Australian athlete
- Hamish Pepper New Zealand sailor
- Hamish Purdy, Canadian art director and set decorator
- Hamish Rosser, drummer of Australian band, the Vines
- Hamish Rutherford (born 1989), New Zealand cricketer
- Hamish Stuart (born 1949), lead singer of Average White Band
- Hamish Wilson, a Scottish actor from Glasgow
- Hamish the polar bear: a polar bear cub born at Scotland's Highland Wildlife Park in December 2017 - notable as the first polar bear cub bred in captivity in the UK for 25 years, and named by public vote.
- Hamish El Doggo: a dog famous in the Portobello area of Edinburgh, named after Scottish musicologist, poet, academic and communist Hamish Henderson and known for his friendliness and fluffiness.
- Hamish Alexander, in the Honorverse novels by David Weber
- Commander Hamish Bond, from the Anno Dracula series.
- John H. Watson, a character in Sherlock Holmes stories. His middle name is unknown in the original stories, but is given as Hamish in many non-canon Holmes pastiches and adaptations
- Hamish and Dougal, comedy characters from Radio 4 series I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
- Hamish Macbeth, a detective in series of novels and television adaptation starring Robert Carlyle as the eponymous hero
- Hot Shot Hamish and Mighty Mouse, two former popular British football-themed comic strips
- Hamish, in the Nickelodeon TV show Mr. Meaty
- Hamish "Hammie" MacPherson, a character in the comic strip Baby Blues
- Hamish Crassus, in the American sitcom Another Period
- Hamish Bigmore, a character in the Mr Majeika series of children's books and TV shows
- Hamish, a character in the 2014 movie Leprechaun: Origins.