Get Gerald Folland essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Gerald Folland discussion
. Add Gerald Folland
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Gerald Budge Folland is an American mathematician and a professor of mathematics at the University of Washington. His areas of interest are harmonic analysis (on both Euclidean space and Lie groups), differential equations, and mathematical physics. The title of his doctoral dissertation at Princeton University (1971) is "The Tangential Cauchy-Riemann Complex on Spheres".
He is the author of several textbooks in mathematical analysis.
In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
Publications and books
- A Guide to Advanced Real Analysis, Washington, D.C. : Mathematical Association of America, 2009.
- Quantum Field Theory : A Tourist Guide for Mathematicians, Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, 2008.
- Advanced Calculus, Prentice-Hall, 2002.
- Real Analysis: Modern Techniques and their Applications (2nd ed.), John Wiley, 1999, ISBN 978-0-471-31716-6.
- "The uncertainty principle: a mathematical survey", J. Fourier Anal. Appl. 4 (1997), 207-238 (with A. Sitaram).
- Introduction to Partial Differential Equations (2nd ed.), Princeton University Press, 1995.
- A Course in Abstract Harmonic Analysis, CRC Press, 1995.
- Fourier Analysis and Its Applications, Pacific Grove, Calif. : Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole Advanced Books & Software, 1992.
- Harmonic Analysis in Phase Space, Princeton University Press, 1989.
- Lectures on Partial Differential Equations : lectures delivered at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Springer, 1983.
- Hardy Spaces on Homogeneous Groups (with Elias M. Stein), Princeton University Press, 1982.
- "Estimates for the ?b complex and analysis on the Heisenberg group", Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 27 (1974), 429-522 (with E. M. Stein)