Get Future House essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Future House discussion
. Add Future House
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Future house (also known as UK deep house) is an electronic dance music genre that emerged in the 2010s United Kingdom, described as a fusion of deep house, UK garage and other techniques of EDM.
The genre was pioneered by Oliver Heldens, who is credited with popularizing it and Tchami, who coined the term.
Heldens' international chart successes "Gecko (Overdrive)" and "Last All Night (Koala)" brought the genre to wider mainstream recognition in 2014, leading to minor feuds between him and Tchami on social media. Artists such as Don Diablo, Mike Williams, Mesto, Brooks, Curbi and Swanky Tunes have since incorporated the sound into their work, leading some commentators to observe the commercialisation of the style.
Future house is a subgenre of house music. Songs within the genre are normally characterized by a muted melody with a metallic, elastic sounding drop and frequency modulated basslines.
- ^ "Launchpad: Lose yourself in this sweeping house playlist". Dancing Astronaut. January 13, 2018. Retrieved 2018.
From the jackin' house that pours out of Chicago to this day, characterized by its repetitive 4/4 beats, drum machine rhythms, off-beat hi-hat cymbals, and synthesized basslines, to the present tides of deep house and future house that are washing over the music world, the chances are high that listeners will fall in love with the genre
- ^ "Oliver Heldens On Why His Sound Is Hard To Pigeon-Hole And The North/South Divide". MusicRadar. September 27, 2016. Retrieved 2017.
I can certainly remember there was a period when I was listening to a lot of UK music, like Shadow Child. At one point, I seemed to be going back in time, checking out tracks from 2005 and 2006, but then I somehow tried working on my own version of UK deep house, and that turned into Gecko
- ^ "Future House Hero Oliver Heldens Hits Miami Cover Feature". DJ Mag. March 10, 2017. Retrieved 2017.
So all these things together is what made me make stuff like 'Koala' and 'Gecko' -- it's like UK deep house but then with a more big room sound
- ^ "Tchami Releases New EP: After Life". EDM Chicago. December 22, 2015. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Ferry Corsten Discusses New Album Blueprint Interview". Your EDM. June 3, 2017. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Tchami is Interviewed by 808sJake for Complex'". Retrieved 2013.
- ^ "Laidback Luke Coins A New Genre: Future House Is Deep House Meets EDM". Pulseradio.net. 2014-10-03. Retrieved .
- ^ "Oliver Heldens' 20 Best Future House Songs Ever". Billboard. Retrieved .
- ^ "Tchami Talks Soundcloud, What 'Future House' is, Why the Clubs For Him and more!". Stoney Roads. Retrieved .
- ^ Brockelbank, Elliott. "Tchami Throws Shade at Oliver Heldens Over Future House Supremacy". EDMTunes. Retrieved .
- ^ a b Jemayel Khawaja (January 27, 2015). "Tchami Does Not Fear the Rinsing of Future House". Thump - Vice. Retrieved 2016.
- ^ Cameron, John. "Vicetone Brings The Bounce To Future House With Catch Me". Wegotthiscovered.com. Retrieved .