Get Fuji District, Shizuoka essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Fuji District, Shizuoka discussion
. Add Fuji District, Shizuoka
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Fuji District, Shizuoka
(Japan > Shizuoka Prefecture > Fuji District)
Fuji (, Fuji-gun) was a district located in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. The district covered the entire area of the city of Fujinomiya and parts of the city of Fuji.
Until the day before the dissolution, the district had only one town.
- April 1, 1889 - Establishment of local municipalitiesmiya Town (), Yoshiwara Town () and 20 villages were formed within Fuji District. (2 towns, 20 villages)
- August 1, 1929 - Kajima Village () was elevated to town status and renamed to become Fuji Town (). (3 towns, 19 villages)
- January 1, 1933 - Takaoka Village () was elevated to town status to become Takaoka Town (). (4 towns, 18 villages)
- April 1, 1940 - Shimada Village () was merged into Yoshiwara Town.(4 towns, 17 villages)
- April 3, 1941 - Denb? Village () was merged into Yoshiwara Town.(4 towns, 16 villages)
- June 1, 1942 - ?miya Town and Tomioka Village () were merged to create Fujinomiya City(?). (3 towns, 15 villages)
- June 14, 1942 - Imaizumi Village () was merged into Yoshiwara Town.(3 towns, 14 villages)
- April 1, 1948 - Yoshiwara Town becomes Yoshiwara City().(2 towns, 14 villages)
- March 31, 1954 - Fuji Town absorbed Tagoura Village (?) and Iwamatsu Village () to create Fuji City(). (1 town, 12 villages)
- February 11, 1955 - Motoyoshiwara Village (?), Sudo Village (), Yoshinaga Village (), and Harada Village () were merged into Yoshiwara City. (1 town, 8 villages).
- April 1, 1955(1 town, 6 villages)
- ?buchi Village() was merged into Yoshiwara City.
- Fujine Village (?) was merged into Fujinomiya City.
- September 30, 1956 - Shibatomi Village () was merged with Utsubusa Village () and Ihara District, to create the village of Tomihara ().(1 town, 6 villages)
- March 31, 1957 - Yuno Village () and Tomihara Village were merged to create the town of Shibakawa ().(2 towns, 4 villages)
- April 1, 1958 - Kitayama Village (), Kamiide Village (?), Shiraito Village (), and Ueno Village () were merged into Fujinomiya City. (2 towns)
- November 1, 1966 - Takaoka Town was merged with the cities of Fuji and Yoshiwara to create the new city of Fuji. (1 town)
- March 23, 2010 - The town of Shibakawa was merged into the expanded city of Fujinomiya. Fuji District was dissolved as a result of this merger.
List of provinces of Japan > T?kaid? > Suruga Province > Fuji District
Fuji (, Fuji-no-k?ri) was a district located in Suruga Province.
Coordinates: 35°14?28?N 138°37?05?E / 35.24111°N 138.61806°E