Get Frescobaldi Software essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Frescobaldi Software discussion
. Add Frescobaldi Software
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Frescobaldi is an editor for LilyPond music files. It aims to be powerful, yet lightweight and easy to use. Frescobaldi is free software, freely available under the GNU General Public License. It is designed to run on all major operating systems (Linux, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows). It is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi, an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.
Frescobaldi is written in Python and uses PyQt4 for its user interface.
- Text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
- Music view
- MIDI player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
- Wizard to quickly set up a new score
- Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
- Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
- Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in help
- Configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
- Translated into the following languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Turkish and Polish
- Transpose music
- Change music from relative to absolute and vice versa
- Change the language used for note names
- Change the rhythm (double, halve, add/remove dots, copy, paste) etc.
- Hyphenate lyrics using word-processor hyphenation dictionaries
- Add spanners, dynamics, articulations
- Update LilyPond syntax using
convert-ly, with display of differences