|Fort Lee School District|
|2175 Lemoine Avenue|
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
|Grades||Pre-K to 12|
|Business administrator||Haqquisha Q. Taylor|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||3,893 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||FG|
The Fort Lee School District or Fort Lee Public Schools is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade from Fort Lee, in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the district's six schools had an enrollment of 3,893 students and 285.3 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student-teacher ratio of 13.6:1.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Awards and recognition
During the 2010-11 school year, School #3 was awarded the Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the United States Department of Education, the highest award an American school can receive, one of only 10 schools statewide to be honored. The school was one of three in Bergen County honored that year.
For the last few years Fort Lee High School has been ranked very highly both from US News (55 out of 426 schools in NJ: US News) and under the NJ Department of Education Ranking (89% percentile in the state: NJ Dept of Ed). The elementary and middle schools have consistently been ranked highly too.
Fort Lee Elementary School 1 was in the news 2018, receiving local and even out-of-state media coverage after a teacher's assistant pleaded guilty to selling drugs on school grounds. 
Schools in the district (with 2014-15 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics) are:
- Elementary schools
- School 1 (664 students in grades K-4)
- Rosemary Giacomelli - Principal
- School 2 (470; PreK-4)
- School 3 (534; K-4)
- School 4 (551; K-4)
- Patrick Ambrosio - Principal
Lewis F Cole Intermediate School
Principal Gina Ruesga
- Middle school
- Lewis F. Cole Middle School (533; 7-8)
- Robert Daniello - Principal
- High school
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Kenneth Rota, Superintendent of Schools 
- Haqquisha Q. Taylor, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Former District Superintendent Dr. Raymond Bandlow announced in August 2011 that although he had over two years left on his contract, he would be retiring in New Jersey effective October 31 to accept a position as superintendent of the Beacon City Schools in Beacon, New York. In addition to collecting a New Jersey pension, Bandlow will receive an annual salary below the $210,000 he had been receiving in Fort Lee, but more than the nearly $165,000 he would have received in a new contract in Fort Lee following restrictions on salaries imposed by Governor of New Jersey Chris Christie.
- ^ a b c d District information for Fort Lee School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- ^ Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- ^ NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- ^ 2010 Blue Ribbon Schools: All Public and Private Schools, United States Department of Education. Accessed April 5, 2011.
- ^ Alex, Patricia. "3 Bergen elementary schools given Blue Ribbon designation", The Record (Bergen County), January 6, 2011. Accessed April 5, 2011.
- ^ "NJ Teacher's Assistant Sold Oxycodone at School: Prosecutors". NBC New York. Retrieved .
- ^ School Data for the Fort Lee School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- ^ New Jersey School Directory for the Fort Lee School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- ^ a b Administration Archived 2014-04-24 at the Wayback Machine, Fort Lee School District. Accessed July 23, 2015.
- ^ School 1, Fort Lee School District. Accessed January 3, 2017.
- ^ School 2, Fort Lee School District. Accessed January 3, 2017.
- ^ School 3, Fort Lee School District. Accessed January 3, 2017.
- ^ School 4, Fort Lee School District. Accessed January 3, 2017.
- ^ Lewis F. Cole Middle School, Fort Lee School District. Accessed January 3, 2017.
- ^ Fort Lee High School, Fort Lee School District. Accessed January 3, 2017.
- ^ New Jersey School Directory for Bergen County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- ^ Shkolkinova, Svetlana. "Kenneth Rota officially at helm of Fort Lee school district", Fort Lee Suburbanite, July 10, 2015. Accessed July 23, 2015. "After more than two years of stand-ins and an interim superintendent, the district's top post was filled on July 1 for the long-term. Superintendent Kenneth Rota, former schools chief of the Paramus school district, began his five-year tenure in Fort Lee as community members said a reluctant goodbye to Paul Saxton who served as interim superintendent for two years and presided over the passage of the district's first expansion referendum in 40 years."
- ^ Almenas, Maxim. "Fort Lee Superintendent Raymond Bandlow will leave the district Oct. 31", Fort Lee Suburbanite, August 30, 2011. Accessed August 31, 2011. "Fort Lee School Superintendent Raymond Bandlow has been the district leader for four years, but he was not present at the Aug. 29 school board meeting. Instead, he was officially accepting the superintendent position for the Beacon City school district in Dutchess County, 50 miles north of New York City. Bandlow's resignation will be effective as of Oct. 31."
Coordinates: 40°50?56?N 73°58?18?W / 40.848853°N 73.971705°W