Foje was one of the most successful and best known rock bands in Lithuania.
Foje was formed in the present-day Antakalnis Secondary School in Vilnius by Andrius Mamontovas, Arnoldas Luko?ius and Darius Tarasevi?ius in 1983 under the name of Sunki Muzika ("Hard Music"), few months later Algis Krii?nas joined the band. In 1984 it was renamed to Foje (literal meaning: "foyer"). Through its years, the band survived a number of lineup changes, and released over 10 albums.
The group cited several influences, including the sound of the Stranglers, as well as the 1980s post-punk movement (for example the notable nod to Depeche Mode on Foje's 1989 electronica album ?od?iai ? Tyl?). These influences were combined with the often gloomy, desperate lyrics of the band's leader Andrius Mamontovas.
In 1997 the band performed three farewell gigs in the Lithuanian cities of Klaip?da, Kaunas and Vilnius, with attendance of 60,000 in the final performance on 17 May in Vingis Park of Vilnius. After disbanding Mamontovas started a solo career.
Two of the band's songs - "Lau?o ?viesa" ("The Light of the Bonfire") (1986) and "Meil?s nebus per daug" ("There will not be too much love") (1994) - were voted by the media professionals into the Top 20 best Lithuanian songs of the 20th century in 2000.
- Andrius Mamontovas (1983-1997) - Vocals, guitar, drums, keyboards
- Arnoldas Luko?ius (1983-1989, 1992-1997) - Keyboards, accordion
- Algis Krii?nas (1983-1985, 1992-1997) - Drums
- Darius Burokas (1986-1988, 1990-1997) - Bass, keyboards
- Darius Tarasevi?ius (1983-1985) - Bass
- Romas Rainys (1985-1988) Bass, Guitar
- Eugenijus Puga?iukas (1985-1991) - Drums
- Saulius Valikonis (1986-1988, 1989-1991) - Saxophone
- Gediminas Simni?kis (1988-1989) - Bass
- Jaunius Beinortas (1988-1989) - Guitar
- Robertas Mer?vinskas (1988-1989) - Saxophone
- Robertas Gri?kevi?ius (1989-1990) - Keyboards
- 1989 - Geltoni krantai (Yellow Shores) (MC)
- 1990 - ?od?iai ? tyl? (Words Into Silence) (LP, MC)
- 1991 - Gali skamb?ti keistai (It Might Sound Strange) (LP, CD, MC) - first CD album in Lithuanian music history
- 1992 - Kitoks pasaulis (A Different World) (LP, CD, MC)
- 1993 - Vandenyje (In The Water) (LP, CD, MC)
- 1994 - Tikras garsas (The Real Sound) (MC)
- 1994 - M-1 (dancemixes) (CD, MC)
- 1994 - A? ?ia esu (I Am Here) (MC)
- 1994 - A? ?ia esu (LP Picture Disc)
- 1995 - Kai perplauksi up? (When You Swim Across The River) (CD, MC)
- 1995 - Live On The Air (MC)
- 1996 - 1982 (MC, CD)
- 1997 - The Flowing River EP (CD)
- 1997 - Mokykla (School) (MC)
- 1999 - Vilnius - Kaunas - Klaip?da (CD, MC)
- 2002 - Paveikslas (The Picture) (CD, MC)
- 2006 - Kita paveikslo pus? (The Other Side of the Picture) (CD)
- 2013 - AM+FOJE=30 (AM - Andrius Mamontovas) (CD)