Get Fiat A.12bis essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Fiat A.12bis discussion
. Add Fiat A.12bis
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The Fiat A.12 was a six-cylinder liquid-cooled in-line engine with a bore of 160 mm and a stroke of 180 mm, giving a capacity of just under 22 liters, with variants producing between 245 and 300 horsepower at 1,700 rpm. The A.12 was a rather large aero engine at the time, but it was efficient and reliable. A total of 13,260 A.12s were produced between 1916 and 1919.
- United Kingdom
Engines on display
- Type: 6-cylinder liquid-cooled inline engine.
- Bore: 160 mm (6.30 in)
- Stroke: 180 mm (7.09 in)
- Displacement: 21.71 L (1,325.1 cu in)
- Length: 1,780 mm (70 in)
- Width: 560 mm (22 in)
- Height: 1,130 mm (44.5 in)
- Dry weight: 415 kg (915 lb)
- Fuel system: Carburetor
- Fuel type: octane
- Cooling system: Liquid
- Power output: 245 hp at 1,700 rpm
- Gunston, Bill. (1986). World Encyclopaedia of Aero Engines. Patrick Stephens: Wellingborough. p. 62
- Hirschauer, Louis; Dollfus, Charles, eds. (1921). L'Année Aéronautique: 1920-1921. Paris: Dunod. p. 123.