EliteXC: Unfinished Business
Learn about EliteXC: Unfinished Business
topic at defaultLogic. defaultLogic
provides comprehensive technology and business learning resources.
EliteXC: Unfinished Business was a mixed martial arts event held by EliteXC on July 26, 2008 in Stockton, CA at Stockton Arena.
The show was officially announced during the Showtime broadcast of EliteXC: Return of the King.
The main event featured a rematch between Middleweight Champion Robbie Lawler and Scott Smith, whose match on the EliteXC: Primetime CBS broadcast was stopped due to an unintentional eye poke. This event was the second EliteXC event to air on CBS. In addition, the events preliminary bouts aired on Showtime at 8pm EST, one hour before the 9pm EST start time on CBS.
The event drew an estimated 2,620,000 viewers on CBS.
Total fighter payouts: $533,501.
- Drew Montgomery: $3,000 ($1,500 win bonus) defeated Brandon Tarn: $2,000
- Carl Seumanutafa: $4,000 ($2,000 win bonus) defeated Mike Cook: $2000
- David Douglas: $4,000 ($1,500 win bonus) defeated Marlon Matias: $2,500
- Anthony Ruiz: $5,001 ($3,000 win bonus) defeated Jeremy Freitag: $2,5000
- Wilson Reis: $5,000 ($2,500 win bonus) defeated Bryan Caraway: $2,000
- Rafael Cavalcante: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) defeated Travis Galbraith: $5,000
- Antonio Silva: $200,000 ($100,000 win bonus) defeated Justin Eilers: $20,000
- Cris Cyborg: $6,000 ($3,000 win bonus) defeated Shayna Baszler: $8,000
- Jake Shields: $45,000 ($10,000 win bonus) defeated Nick Thompson: $25,000
- Nick Diaz: $60,000 (no win bonus) defeated Thomas Denny: $8,500
- Robbie Lawler: $90,000 (which included a $45,000 win bonus) defeated Scott Smith: $14,000