Get East Africa Time essential facts below. View Videos
or join the East Africa Time discussion
. Add East Africa Time
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
East Africa Time
Time zones of Africa
: The islands of Cape Verde are to the west of the African mainland.
Mauritius and the Seychelles are to the east and north-east of Madagascar respectively.
East Africa Time, or EAT, is a time zone used in eastern Africa. The time zone is three hours ahead of UTC (UTC+03:00), which is the same as Moscow Time, Arabia Standard Time, Further-eastern European Time and Eastern European Summer Time.
As this Time Zone is predominantly in the equatorial region, there is no significant change in day length throughout the year and so daylight saving time is not observed.
East Africa Time is used by the following countries:
- Moscow Time, an equivalent time zone covering Belarus, Turkey and most of European Russia, also at UTC+03:00
- Arabia Standard Time, an equivalent time zone covering Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Yemen, also at UTC+03:00
- Eastern European Summer Time, an equivalent time zone covering European and Middle Eastern countries during daylight saving, also at UTC+03:00
- Israel Summer Time, an equivalent time zone covering the State of Israel during daylight saving, also at UTC+03:00
- Further-eastern European Time, an equivalent time zone covering extended Eastern European, also at UTC+03:00