Get DHL Aviation essential facts below. View Videos
or join the DHL Aviation discussion
. Add DHL Aviation
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
DHL Aviation is a division of DHL Express (owned by Deutsche Post) responsible for providing air transport capacity. It is not a single airline, but refers to several airlines owned, co owned or chartered by DHL Express.
In 2009, Deutsche Post World Net rebranded to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL). In the United States, DHL Airways was renamed Astar Air Cargo which in turn operated air freight services as a cargo airline for DHL until 2012.
DHL Aviation 757-200SF inflight
Deutsche Post owns five main airlines, which provide services by region:
- European Air Transport Leipzig (EAT Leipzig) is responsible for the major part of the European network and for long-haul services to the Middle East and Africa. From its hub at the Leipzig/Halle Airport it operates a fleet of Boeing and Airbus freighters.
- DHL Air UK (DHL Air) is based at East Midlands Airport, was purchased by DHL in 1989, and has since 2000 been operating a fleet of Boeing 757 freighters on intra-European services and a fleet of new built Boeing 767 freighters, primarily on trans-atlantic routes.
- DHL Aero Expreso is the subsidiary in Central and South America Hub in Tocumen, Panamá , operating a fleet of Boeing 727-200 and 757-200 Freighters in Central and South America, as well as serving destinations in the Caribbean and Florida.
- SNAS/DHL (DHL International) handles Middle East destinations from its headquarters and main regional hub at Bahrain International Airport, operating a fleet of Boeing 767 freighters. The fleet is deployed throughout the Middle East and in Africa.
- Blue Dart Aviation, is based at Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India, with a fleet of 6 Boeing 757 Freighters. It provides services for the Indian network of DHL and regional charters.
It also owns the following smaller airlines:
Deutsche Post also has stakes in the following airlines, some of which also operate under the DHL brand or livery:
- AeroLogic, Schkeuditz (Leipzig), Germany (50%), operating a fleet of Boeing 777F.
- ABX Air, Inc. Wilmington, OH, USA (0%, Contract).
- Polar Air Cargo, Purchase, NY, USA (49%).
- Southern Air, Erlanger, KY, USA (0%, Contract).
- Solenta Aviation, Johannesburg, South Africa (unknown).
- Tasman Cargo Airlines, Sydney, Australia (49%), operating one Boeing 767F.
Media related to DHL Aviation at Wikimedia Commons