Get Constantin Zuckerman essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Constantin Zuckerman discussion
. Add Constantin Zuckerman
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Constantin Zuckerman (French pronunciation: [kstt zykm]; born 1957) is a French historian and Professor of Byzantine studies at the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes in Paris.
Academic rank: professor. Highest degree: doctorate. Job title: The Deputy Director of the Centre for History and Civilization of Byzantium, Collège de France.
Zuckerman is the author of numerous articles about the Byzantine Empire, the Goths, the Armenians, the Huns, the Turkic peoples, the Khazars, the Magyars and the early Rus, among other peoples. In "On the Date of the Khazars' Conversion to Judaism and the Chronology of the Kings of the Rus Oleg and Igor," Zuckerman used Khazar documents (the Kievian Letter, Khazar Correspondence, and Schechter Letter) to call into question the traditional dates for early Kievan Rus leaders. In the same article he asserted that the Khazars converted to Judaism in 861, during the visit of Saint Cyril.
- La Crimee entre Byzance et le Khaganat khazar. Ed. Constantin Zuckerman. Paris: Association des Amis du Centre d'Histoire et Civilisation de Byzance, 2006. 197 pp.
- Zuckerman, Constantin. (2002) "Heraclius in 625" (Journal Article in Revue des études Byzantines)
- Zuckerman, Constantin. (2002) On the Origin of the Khazar Diarchy and the Circumstances of Khazaria's Conversion to Judaism (Book Chapter in The Turks, Volume 1: Early Ages)
- Zuckerman, Constantin. Les centres proto-urbains russes entre Scandinavie, Byzance et Orient / ?ds. M. Kazanski, A. Nercessian, C. Zuckerman (R?alit?s Byzantines 7). - Paris, 2000. - ?. 95-120.
- Zuckerman, Constantin. (2000) "Review of 'Rome and Persia at War, 502-532' by G. Greatrex" (Book Review in Revue des études Byzantines)
- Zuckerman, Constantin. (1998) Two reforms of the 370s: recruiting soldiers and senators in the divided empire (Journal Article in Revue des études Byzantines )
- Zuckerman, Constantin. (1988) The Reign of Constantine V in the Miracles of St. Theodore the Recruit (Journal Article in Revue des études Byzantines)
- Zuckerman, Constantin. (1995) On the Date of the Khazars' Conversion to Judaism and the Chronology of the Kings of the Rus Oleg and Igor (Journal Article in Revue des études Byzantines ) 
- . ? ? ? // ? ? ? , 2007.