The British Parachute Association (BPA) is the national governing body for sport parachuting in the United Kingdom.
BPA was founded in 1960 to organise, govern and further the advancement of sport parachuting within the UK.
BPA aims to encourage participation in skydiving within the UK. In 2016 there were nearly 6,000 full members and around 60,000 students, and around 30 affiliated training organisations.
The association is funded by membership subscriptions and has an annually elected council which controls all aspects of skydiving on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority. Unlike many other sports which suffer from fragmented and divided governing bodies, British Parachute Association represents most UK skydivers, and most skydivers within the UK are members of the Association.
BPA is constituted as a company limited by guarantee. The association's headquarters are at Glen Parva, Leicestershire.
Following the 50th anniversary of BPA, an archive project was established to record and collect the history of the sport in the UK and of the Association.
The BPA council consists of ten elected members, together with two independent directors from outside the sport. The council is chaired by Martin Soulsby.
In 2015 there were 29 affiliated drop zones in the British Parachute Association. These are:
- Black Knights Parachute Centre - Cockerham, Lancashire
- British Parachute Schools - RAF Langar, Nottinghamshire
- Cornish Parachute Centre - Peranporth, Cornwall
- GoSkydive - Old Sarum Airfield, Salisbury
- Hinton Skydiving Centre - Hinton-in-the-Hedges, Northamptonshire
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (Army Parachute Association) - Netheravon, Wiltshire
- London Parachute School - Lewknor, Oxfordshire
- North London Skydiving Centre - Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
- North West Parachute Centre - Cark, Cumbria
- Paragon Skydiving Club - Errol, Perth and Kinross
- Skydive Headcorn - Headcorn Aerodrome, Headcorn, Ashford, Kent
- Services Parachute Centre, Ballykelly, County Londonderry
- Silver Stars Parachute Team (The Royal Logistic Corps) - South Cerney, Gloucestershire
- Skydive Academy (formerly: Peterlee Parachute Centre) - Peterlee, Co. Durham
- UK Parachuting at Sibson Airfield (Peterborough Parachute Centre) - Wansford, Cambridgeshire
- Skydive GB, Bridlington - Grindale, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Skydive Jersey - St. Peter, Jersey
- Skydive London - Wanborough, Wiltshire
- Skydive St Andrews - Glenrothes, Fife
- Skydive St George - Darlington, Durham
- Skydive Strathallan - Strathallan, Perth and Kinross
- Skydive Swansea - Fairwood, Swansea
- Skydive UK - Dunkeswell, Devon
- Skydive Weston (Royal Air Force Sport Parachute Association) - Weston-on-the-Green, Oxfordshire
- Target Skysports - Hibaldstow, North Lincolnshire
- The Parachute Centre - Tilstock, Shropshire
- UK Parachuting - Beccles, Suffolk
- Wild Geese Parachute Centre - Movenis & Killykergan, County Londonderry