Get Aryeh Lob of Plock essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Aryeh Lob of Plock discussion
. Add Aryeh Lob of Plock
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Aryeh Lob of Plock
Aryeh Leib ben Moses Zuenz (c. 1768-1833) was a rabbi and scholar of the 18th and 19th centuries who lived in Pi?czów, and later in Plotzk. He was the author of the following works:
- Ya'alat Chen (Zolkiev, 1802), sermons on different parashiyyot
- Get Mekushshar (Warsaw, 1812), compendium to that part of Maimonides' Yad which treats of divorce
- Magen ha-Elef, called also Shem Chadash (ib. 1817), on the regulations of the ritual codex referring to the Passover festival (to this work are appended notes on the Machatzit ha-Shekel of Samuel ha-Levi Kolin)
- She'elot u-Teshubot Gur Aryeh Yehudah (Zolkiev, 1827), compendium of the four ritual codices:
- Chiddushim (Warsaw, 1830), treating of the shechitah and terefah
- Simchat Yom-Tob (ib. 1841), complete commentary on the tractate Betzah
- She'elot u-Teshubot Meshibat Nefesh (ib. 1849), responsa on the ritual codices
- Chiddushim (ib. 1859), compendium of the ritual codex Yoreh De'ah
- Birkat ha-Shir (n. p., n. d.), a Passover Haggadah together with commentary
- Melo ha-'Omer, commentary on the Pentateuch and the Five Megillot
- Tib Chalitzah and Tib Kiddushin (n. p., n. d.), collections of responsa on the ceremony of chalitzah as observed in modern times, and on marriage contracts.
Jewish Encyclopedia bibliography
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud. s.v. "Zinz";
- Benjacob, Otzar ha-Sefarim, pp. 94, 96, 175, 208, 227, 296, 376, 591, 592, 594, 636.
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Singer, Isidore; et al., eds. (1901-1906). "Te'omim, Löb ben Moses". The Jewish Encyclopedia. New York: Funk & Wagnalls.