Get 1093 essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 1093 discussion
. Add 1093
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Year 1093 (MXCIII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- January 16 – Isaac Komnenos, Byzantine co-ruler
- Ahmad Yasawi, Turkic poet and Sufi (d. 1166)
- Baldwin VII, count of Flanders (d. 1119)
- Conrad III, king of Italy and Germany (d. 1152)
- Demetrius I, king of Georgia (approximate date)
- Gerhoh of Reichersberg, German theologian (d. 1169)
- Grigor III, Armenian catholicos of Cilicia (d. 1166)
- Robert fitzEdith, English nobleman (d. 1172)
- Sancho Alfónsez, Spanish nobleman (d. 1108)
- Simon of Hauteville, count of Sicily (d. 1105)
- Simon of Vermandois, French bishop (d. 1148)
- William III, count of Ponthieu (approximate date)
- February 1 – Abul Hasan Hankari, Abbasid scholar (b. 1018)
- April 13 – Vsevolod I Yaroslavich, Grand Prince of Kiev (b. 1030)
- May 26 – Rostislav Vsevolodovich, prince of Pereyaslavl
- July 10 – Ulrich of Zell, German Cluniac reformer (b. 1029)
- August 29 – Hugh I, French nobleman and abbot (b. 1057)
- September 22 – Olaf III (the Peaceful), king of Norway
- November 13 – Malcolm III, king of Scotland (b. 1031)
- November 16 – Margaret, queen of Scotland (b. 1045)
- Alan Rufus, Norman nobleman (approximate date)
- Bertrand II, count of Provence (approximate date)
- Constance, queen of Castile and León (b. 1046)
- Gao, Chinese empress (Song Dynasty) (b. 1032)
- Iestyn ap Gwrgant, king of Morgannwg (b. 1014)
- Kaoruko, Japanese empress consort (b. 1029)
- Odo V (or Eudes), count of Troyes and Meaux
- Rhys ap Tewdwr, king of Deheubarth (b. 997)
- Robert I (the Frisian), count of Flanders
- Tzachas, Seljuk general and usurper
- Wang Shen, Chinese painter and poet
- ^ Basil Dmytryshyn (2000). Medieval Russia: A sourcebook 850-1700, p. 60. Academic International Press.
- ^ "Norman Britain". British History Timeline. BBC. Retrieved 2007.
- ^ Palmer, Alan; Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 56-58. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.