Get Those essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Those discussion
. Add Those
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
From Middle English thos ("those"), alteration of tho pl ("the; those"), equivalent to tho ("the; those") + -s (plural ending), partly by analogy with thes ("these"), whose final -s is original and not a plural ending. More at tho.
- plural of that
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible, Luke 1:1
- Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us.
1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 5, in Mr. Pratt's Patients:
When you're well enough off so's you don't have to fret about anything but your heft or your diseases you begin to get queer, I suppose. And the queerer the cure for those ailings the bigger the attraction. A place like the Right Livers' Rest was bound to draw freaks, same as molasses draws flies.
2013 June 8, "The new masters and commanders", in The Economist, volume 407, number 8839, page 52:
From the ground, Colombo's port does not look like much. Those entering it are greeted by wire fences, walls dating back to colonial times and security posts.
Those bolts go with these parts.
plural of that
- Italian: quelle (it) f, quei m pl, quegli m pl
- Kannada: ? (kn) m or f (avaru), n (avuga?u), (kn) n (avu)
- Norwegian: de (no)
- Portuguese: aqueles (pt)
- Romanian: acei m pl, acele f pl, ?ia m pl (informal), alea f pl (informal)
- Russian: (ru) (te)
- Scots: thae
- Spanish: esos (es) m or n, esas (es) f, aquéllos, aquellas (es) f
- Swedish: de (sv), de där (sv), dom (sv) (informal), dom där (informal)
- Thai: (làonán)
- Vietnamese: ?y (vi), kia (vi)
- Walloon: ces (wa) m or f (followed by adverb "la" after noun)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- plural of that