Get Shining essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Shining discussion
. Add Shining
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
shining (comparative more shining, superlative most shining)
- Emitting light.
- Synonyms: glowing, luminous; see also Thesaurus:shining
1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 1, in Mr. Pratt's Patients:
'Twas early June, the new grass was flourishing everywheres, the posies in the yard--peonies and such--in full bloom, the sun was shining, and the water of the bay was blue, with light green streaks where the shoal showed.
- Reflecting light.
- Synonyms: mirrorlike, relucent; see also Thesaurus:shiny
- Having a high polish or sheen.
- Having exceptional merit.
a shining example
having a high polish or sheen
- present participle of shine
shining (plural shinings)
- A bright emission of light; a gleam.