Get Repetition essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Repetition discussion
. Add Repetition
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Borrowed from Latin repetitionem (accusative singular of repetitio; cf. French répétition). Doublet of repetitio.
repetition (countable and uncountable, plural repetitions)
- The act or an instance of repeating or being repeated.
- Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, of errand not wholly obvious to their fellows, yet of such sort as to call into query alike the nature of their errand and their own relations. It is easily earned repetition to state that Josephine St. Auban's was a presence not to be concealed.
- (weightlifting): The act of performing a single, controlled exercise motion. A group of repetitions is a set.
- Synonym: rep
act or an instance of repeating or being repeated
- Arabic: m (takr?r), f (?ida)
- Armenian: (hy) (krknut?yun)
- Belarusian: n (pa?tarénnje)
- Bulgarian: (bg) n (povtorénie)
- Catalan: repetició (ca) f
- Mandarin: (zh), (zh) (chóngfù)
- Czech: opakování (cs) n
- Danish: gentagelse (da) c
- Dutch: herhaling (nl) f
- Finnish: kertaus (fi), toisto (fi)
- French: répétition (fr) f
- Georgian: (gameoreba)
- German: Wiederholung (de) f, Repetition f
- Greek: (el) f (epanálipsi), (el) (apantó)
- Ancient: ? f (epanál?psis), (verbal) ? f (dilogía)
- Hebrew: ? f (khazará)
- Hungarian: (from a transitive verb) ismétlés (hu), (from an intransitive verb) ismétl?dés
- Ido: itero (io)
- Irish: athdhéanamh m, athra (saying again), athsheinm m (playing again), atarlú m (reoccurrence)
- Italian: ripetizione (it) f
- Japanese: ? (, kurikaeshi), (ja) (?, hanpuku)
- Korean: (doepuri), (ko) (banbok)
- Latin: repet?ti? f, iter?ti? f
- Latvian: atk?rtojums m
- Macedonian: n (povtoruvanje)
- Maori: t?ruaruatanga
- Norman: répétition f
- Persian: (fa) (takrâr)
- Polish: powtórzenie (pl) n
- Portuguese: repetição (pt) f
- Romanian: repetare (ro) f, repeti?ie (ro) f
- Russian: (ru) n (povtorénije)
- Cyrillic: n
- Roman: ponavljanje n
- Slovak: opakovanie n
- Slovene: ponavljanje n (act), ponovitev f (instance)
- Spanish: repetición (es) f
- Swedish: repetition (sv) c, upprepning (sv) c
- Tagalog: again
- Ukrainian: n (povtórennja)
- Welsh: ail-wneud m, ailadroddiad m (playing, singing), dychweliad m (reoccurrence)
act of repeating an exercise motion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
re- + petition
repetition (third-person singular simple present repetitions, present participle repetitioning, simple past and past participle repetitioned)
- To petition again.
- 2011, Anneke Campbell, Thomas Lizney, Be the Change (page 7)
- The group went through several rounds at different courts, petitioning and repetitioning, losing again and again.
From Latin repet?ti?.
- repetition; the act of repeating