Get Reflecting essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Reflecting discussion
. Add Reflecting
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
- (key): /'fl?kt/
- Hyphenation: re?flect?ing
- present participle of reflect
reflecting (plural reflectings)
- An instance of reflection
- 1946, Mervyn Peake, Titus Groan
- The Hall of Spiders yawned and shrank, the threads deceiving the eye, the distances, shifting, surging forward or crumbling away, to the illusory reflectings of the moon.
reflecting (comparative more reflecting, superlative most reflecting)
- That has been reflected (of light, sound etc.); undergoing reflection. [from 16th c.]
- That reflects. [from 16th c.]
- a reflecting pool
- Having a component that reflects light. [from 17th c.]
- a reflecting telescope
- Given to introspection; thoughtful, reflective. [from 17th c.]
- (obsolete) Insulting, disparaging. [17th-19th c.]
- 1748, Samuel Richardson, Clarissa, Letter 52:
- I know what you mean, little reflecting fool, by saying, it is much in my power [...] to give you that peace which you can give yourself whenever you please.