Get Pasticcio essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Pasticcio discussion
. Add Pasticcio
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Borrowed from Italian pasticcio. Doublet of pastiche.
pasticcio (plural pasticcios)
- A medley; an olio.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of H. Swinburne to this entry?)
- (art) An artwork that directly imitates the work of another artist or artists.
- (art) A falsified work of art, such as a vase or statue made up of parts of original works, with missing parts supplied.
From Vulgar Latin *pasticium (compare French pastis), from Late Latin pasta ("dough, pastry cake, paste"), from Ancient Greek (pastá).
- (key): /pas'tit.to/, [päs?'t?it?:?o]
- Hyphenation: pa?stìc?cio
pasticcio m (plural pasticci)
- (cooking) pie, pasty
- (figuratively, often in the plural) mess, confusion
essere nei pasticci - to be in trouble
- (architecture) relief
- first-person singular present indicative of pasticciare